Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
Is it advisable to start a 3 year LLB Course at the age of 29 from second tier colleges in Mumbai like KC, Siddharth law College in Mumbai? I am looking for a career change and would be open to intern throughout my 3 year llb with minimum or no pay. What salary should I expect as a first year and how much do MNCs like Aditya birla life or HUL pay to first years?
Also what do Coorporate law firms in Mumbai pay to first years and do they employee first years from Tier 2 colleges like KC?
Do an MBA. Much better option. You can try the online MBA option from UpGrad or even a cheaper sarkar one from IGNOU.
Hey, firstly it’s a good decision that you are aware and would be interning throughout 3 years that would give you immense time to find which area of law you like please intern under an advocate and a law firm to know what suits you. Please also concentrate on building skills don’t go for brand name, eventually after your llb you can apply to law firms and lawyers mind you usually mnc and companies ask for prior work experience of 2-3 years so work on that, hopefully this helped. All the best!
World is mad about technology and you want to squander time on law ? Better to do a tech related course and make moolah. If you driven by some inexplicable passion for law, study; otherwise, please stay away !
I completed my three year law degree from DU when I was around 26. It took me 3 years to land a semi-decent job, and another 3 to get into an associate position at a tier 1. If money is a primary concern, avoid spending three additional years on the hustle. On a side note, never agree to minimum or no pay, even if you are a student - please don't let others think that your professional value is only derived from the law degree in progress. However, if you are doing this for learning, or getting ahead in the stream you may already be working in, etc. - go for it.