Read 55 comments as:
Filter By
Depends on the partner and practice area. Not everyone has the same quantity and quality of work in LL or any firm for that matter.
I think link legal pays almost at par with Tier 1. I know an A3 who got around 23, and SA1 who got in the range of 30-35 lakh (fixed+bonus). People can confirm
I think Link Legal pays almost at par with Tier 1. I know an A3 who got around 23 and an SA1 who got in the range of 30-35. Both worked in corporate.

People can confirm.
The above two comments seems like two promotionary bots got mixed up on the same thread lol
I am an SA in LoL Legal and the above numbers are LoL. The bots are probably getting paid better than I do (by the hour at least!).
There is a good canteen in the building. I don't know if this helps with your decision. But their food is reasonable. Plus there's a good sea face (private for the building only) where you can chill.
So the firm is infamous for its unprofessional payment structure. That’s a major down. Salaries of A0s were also deducted during COVID. People haven’t got any bonus or even increments. Payment wise the firm is horrible.

R - pls publish.
HSA and Link Legal

"We are merging since we both have common practice areas - Project & Infrastructure. We both don't believe that our associates require timely payment of salaries as they are considered as our own family, values matter - not money ".

With ❀️❀️
Please don't say these things in public. I thought I will justify my presence by making similar statements. We haven't spared our Partners either, they've only been paid till August. What's up your sleeve LL? Care to compete or unite?
An ex HSA LL did try to unite. Unfortunately fell through. Together they would have ruined all the associates together!
Three adjectives- Miser, exploitative, and overly patronizing. There's good work so far, but no proportionate reward for the same. So, if you are a believer in the currency of "experience" and "exposure", then definitely the job pays well. Though with a clear-cut leadership shown to the outside, there are multiple instances visible everyday of a confusing (and confused) chain of command. Salary less than boutique law firms. Namesake bonus.
Couldn’t agree more especially on the confused and confusing bit. Just add, driven by self goals as opposed to firm goals. All talk zero sense or action.
Commenting to move this up on the conversation thread.

P.S.- I can only wish one day link legal (Read management) distributed the money. It crazy the amount of unprofessional payment system that goes on at LL.
What is ever more hilarious is that they are hiring more partners and "experts" when their associates are taking pay-cuts.
How can one bring this up on the conversation thread. R help please.

P.s.- this topic on payment issues at LL is important to be discussed and highlighted.
What do you have to be to deduct salaries of A0s. And soaringly, arrears haven’t been paid either. Also, the news is that while payment time comes they become a tier 8 firm and when firm protocols and work demand comes they want tier 1.
Its like a slave labour camp. Serious quality issues and the "partners" can parrot just the standard lines with close to no understanding of law or commercials. They get work only due to their dirt low fee quotes. Not a place to learn much.
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH breathes hahahhahahahahahahahahahahah takes pay cut
Oh! I didn't know it was opposite day! Okay my turn... I am loving this pandemic and all the problems it is causing :)
I have never heard of any deals done by Nushrats team. Any idea what sort of work they do?
Old school, solid lawyer. Knows her stuff. But as Mr.Karkhanis has retired, her source of work is only his old clients. A very nice, kind person.
Wholly agree with this. Very decent and sweet lady. Lots of respect for Vishaka Ma’am
Hey guys, it's unfair to beat up on an otherwise fine law firm just because you heard from someone that they did pay cuts. It's not easy to run firm of their size. Once you do, feel free to bitch about payouts. They have good leaders who bring in good work, so work there if you want to else go to CAM or SAM who recruit a lot from LL alums.
That's not the matter of debate here. It's about appreciating the people who join the firm and decide to stick on, even with the internal politics and boot licking. What LL does is they hire people, and when they don't want to increase their salary or give bonus or know that they will not make the target for the year, they make life hell for them - to make them leave. Then hire other lawyers at much much lower packages. Anyone concerned about their career growth should think twice before joining.
The only good thing about Link Legal is that it is a legal career equivalent of 'Good luck chuck'. IYKYK.
Good quality partners never join here.. LL hires rejects and sidelines from other law firms and sell them off to associates and clients here as Gods Gift.
Most of the partners are a grumpy lot too.. complaining about pay, bonus and work etc. There is no peace at any level here.. from A0 to partners, except a handful of chosen few.
There were rumors that some partners were to join from Indus, Khaitan etc.. but guess they knew better and decided not to.
Apparently, good people in LL leave after spending 2-3 years here & swear to never come back.
The Firm showed its true colours during the pandemic in the treatment meted out to it's lawyers. Unreasonable paycuts, forced to come to office (in spite of a raging pandemic) to massage partners egos, arbitrary firings to protect the Firms bottom line and on top of that a reduction of an already laughable bonus for those that endured.

I understand that it's a business and tough calls need to be taken but some of these decisions were downright cruel and lacked transparency (nothing on record,no emails re the above).

Despite the writing on the wall people will still join this Firm. Some because of desperation for a job and others for a designation. I only hope that they realize quickly what a hapless situation they are in and leave for greener pastures.
Feel sad for those who underwent such troubles. Am sure those who suffered will find better opportunities in future.
Stink Legal

Apart from the payment and mismanagement issues the place is an administrative nightmare. Minor things like getting OPEs cleared, getting a document signed, procuring stamp paper etc. is such a hassle.

And woe betide anyone in the lit team who has to coordinate with the court clerks. I’m looking at you Mumbai office.
#StinkLegal
Have been a touch surprised by the negative comments on this thread. To be fair, few of the comments are correct but most of these are inflated. My two cents on LL are as follows:
(a) Its a typical Tier 2/ 3 firm which is on an upward trajectory;
(b) You do not get 100% of your bonus even if you have performed well - general range for a good performer is 75-90%;
(c) During covid, management took steps to ensure that Associates are least impacted. I guess there was a 10-20% deduction for a month or so. Most of the brunt was taken by Partners with deductions continuing till almost end of 2020. There was no deduction from the people getting below a particular slab- if i am right it was 40k.
(d) Firm has a mix blend of work, with some routine retainer work but also some very niche transaction work - they are advising Akasa, SJ on aviation and did Air India diligence for divestment. At any given time, they have 5 to 6 big live deals opposite the Tier 1 likes SAM, CAM, Khaitan etc. Its not a lot for a firm, but if you are in teams which do these kind of deals you will learn.
(e) They have been pretty bullish with the hiring during Covid but should have first sorted their own house before- may be paying arrears would have been a good thing to start this.
(f) There is some level of nepotism but frankly if you have seen SAM and CAM, it is much lesser in degree and frankly, there is hardly any firm in India that i know of where the family of the MP is not the preferred lot;
(g) Like all places, there is a mixed lot of talent here. Many lateral hires in the last few years have been good and a few old ones are also good in their work and cordial to work with. There is no quality benchmark- quality of work and expectations of your partner varies from team to team.
(h) The firm has been pretty accommodating on WFH and whether you need to come to office or not is majorly Partner dependent.
(i) LL is not a great pay master. They may claim to be taking steps to correct it but a lot of work is to be done. Lack of good salary is a major reason for attrition across levels. Those of you who are at mid level or senior level will know that priorities change with time and after a level you are happy if you get a decent money in bank account but get the other perks like work-life balance, freedom to work etc.

If money is what drives you, this is not the place. If you are looking at a good experience and may be a few stable years without office politics (at least at below partner level), you could consider this place.
A 21-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
What is the situation after their merger with Dentons? Are they opening up for hiring? I've heard that they are giving out assessment internships in bulk. Are they in a position to mass hire or is it just a sham?
Currently working in LL:-The merger is not really a merger, it's a collaboration with Dentons. The laptops have become high in function, but the functioning of the firm has not been impacted. It's the lala culture still running. Just that they are getting business now from foreign countries.
A 81-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.