Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
Absolutely not. There are just too many concerns about this, they should just let this sem be. Dont let that sword be hanging on our head just announce that campus access is voluntary, exam is online and have to get back compulsorily from next sem
There is no sword. Just an expectation that you actually study for a change during your student days. Maybe too much of an expectation from the likes of you. Still, one can hope.
Online exams as taking place in law schools are a sham and just facilitate cheating. Even the proctored platforms contain many loopholes and/or can pose genuine problems to students in terms of accessibility. If there is no offline exam, then the evaluation mode should be changed to incorporate assignments, presentations, viva, group discussions, drafting exercises and so on.
With slum like conditions and extremely entitled kids, NUJS should stay closed forever. Covid would be the least of my concerns if campus reopens. I will have to face cockroach, lizard, snakes, mosquito infestations and various ancient diseases like chickenpox and conjunctivitis which keep making a comeback at NUJS. The cess pool already has another PANDEMIC brewing. #KeepNUJSClosed
Dude have you gone mad? How will my useless batch pass then if offline exams are conducted? How will they manage to exchange their answer scripts? How will they able to discuss on the call the answers?
I went to a Non-NLU. Our University had decided to become modern and centralised. So the question papers were generated by a computer based on a "Question Bank" that the faculty had to supply. Now this was not a problem. However, this was a sham. The faculty would dictate the question bank during the last few classes of a term. The entire bank. They couldn't photocopy and give it to us. So the loophole was 3 whole classes where the Question Bank would be dictated and the students would make notes of it. This used to be a regular practice from year 3 onwards.

Personally, I found the entire practice quite disgusting as did some of the faculty who were good. (Those that didn't comply, were subject to complaints of being too "strict", "harsh" and "unreasonable".

The point of an exam at least at the professional degree level is not to score High Marks per se. It is to "know" enough so you can score those high marks. If you cheat or as in this case, game the system, then the exam has no point. You will learn NOTHING but still get good marks. In life, your marks will only get you inside the door. Once you're in, you will sink if you don't know squat.

I figured if I was going to take an exam, it had to be sporting. So I used to leave the classes when the question bank was being dictated and would study according to the syllabus.

Did I get the best marks? Heck no. But that 54% meant more to me than the gamed high scores ever would.

I have done better in the years since graduation then many of those who sat for those "gamed" exams.

Online or offline, my point is, approach an exam with the seriousness it deserves. Cheating is something that will harm you in the long run. If you get caught or don't caught. You will know you cheated and you have to carry that with you forever.
I personally think that the offline exam mode at least incentivized people to pay attention in class and/or study. The batches that came in post-2020 would be the worst hit since online exams allow you to just seek answers to those 5-6 questions on the paper and optimize for them instead of putting in the effort earlier.
Pls keep colleges closed. Its too expensive to go back now. Home is so comfortable. Food is great. At least I dont have protein in my food from undesirable sources. 2 saal aise kaat liye hai 2 aur saal de do plssss