Read 28 comments as:
Filter By
How is that possible? I have heard many Principal Associates earn north of 70-80 Lakhs. I think a junior
partner in corporate makes around 1 crore
Junior - 1-1.5 crores. Senior- 3-3.5 crores. 60:40 ratio. This is confirmed and authentic.
Peeps just liking the shit out of this comment, rooting for it to be true! Haha!
So, as per you, a junior partner (Corporate/M&A team) can earn around 1 crore in his/her first year of making partner?
It's just stupid. Its not true. And if you really want to know then walk up to partner and ask him or her. I have. 1.5 is what top quartile of equity partners earn in tier 1. Salaried partners do not make more than 70 lakhs on average. Please if you entered law for money then leave.
I personally know a few PAs at SAM/CAM and Khaitan as well as a few Counsels at Trilegal who made more than 70 Lakhs. How on earth are you suggesting that partners do not make more than 1 crore. They do. Of course not everyone does. Most partners in Corporate/PE/VC and high billing practice areas make more than 1 crore.
THIS!! I don't know why people think that this is the profession to make money!!!

Guys, the number of hours you put in, and all the other opportunity cost for maintaining this career. Net Net you've been scammed.
Trilegal counsels also make around 70-75 lakhs. Even a cursory look at salaries will also indicate that it is upward of 1 crore or it is 1 crore. I know it's hard to believe but it is true. Tier 1's do pay this much. Minimum 80 L and maximum can stretch upto 2-2.5 crores. It is a known fact.
Junior Partner - 3 cr

Mid Level Partner - 4-5 cr

Senior Partner - 5+ cr plus equity stake. Depends if they decide to put it back in the firm or not.
Michael page says that the average salary of Indian tier 1 Counsel/PA is 60 Lakhs. Do we expect only a 10 Lakhs rise upon partner promotion?
Lol, Michael Page? They have little to no relevance in the law firm recruiting space, whether in India or globally.

Especially at the Tier-1 levels, wouldn't rely on their numbers at all.