Read 33 comments as:
Filter By
For months we have been chatting about this in offline discussions, and now finally when some of you Partners got the courage to tell your teams, you're not telling us the whole picture. YOU chose which partner you want to go with, YOU chose how books will be split, and YOU excluded several junior partners from the conversations. You have no respect or professionalism to tell all these young kids that they may never get a position in the new AZB. Shame on you [.....] and [......]. What we spent years building, was just another business to you!
Bhai, hum tumhare sath hain. Thoda elaborate kro baat kya hai. Hum sb bhai (behan) hain. We are together into this.
Both Delhi and Bombay are splitting or is this Ajay starting a new firm taking some of the Bombay partners.
What are the timelines?The Nation wants to know. Can some kind soul reply?
Lol that's a rite of passage at AZB, people spend the first 6 month settling in and crying in the washroom, then start shooting out CVs.
TBH, why surprised? When you dine with the devil, you gotta have a long spoon.
Someone spill the beans man - give full story (whatever you know). Khana nai hajam ho raha hai.
First, take a minute to understand why this is happening. This firm was not built on shared interest to foster a generation of lawyers after A, Z and B. Each of them are a running like independent offices, and over time, some of them feel its better to just let the things they cannot control go away. Client's are not loyal to AZB, they are loyal to specific partners. They are all handling this with great maturity. But the ink on the reorganization plan is not there yet, and so you (and yes, we all know who you are) should stop ranting on LI and find a way to really ask yourself why you were not involved in this discussion. As for the stunt you tried to pull by saying younger partners were excluded, you never earned the right to have a say, because you never built this, you just got by because you were slightly better. There is good talent and bad talent in AZB, and unfortunately for you, we understood what your merits really were well in time. As a parting gift, remember that no one promised this would be good or bad. It will be different, and clients will continue to be supported.
Funny how some of us can tell who OP is without the slightest of doubt.
Dude, relax. The Founders have given their due thought to this. Stop making it sound like they betrayed you.
Areyy yar tum logo ko thoda sharam nhe hain kya? Mera internship hain next month ko, socha tha PPO nikalunga. Ab mera kya hoga? Law lena he nhe chahiye tha mummy ka baat sunke engineer banna chaiye tha. Aur eye musical chairs band kardo please, we juniors get scared af. Show us some mercy!! Internship ka L lag giya ab toh.😭
The other A of AZB has been wining and dining and making golden promises to Trilegal partners. Hoping they will return to his flock again after he let them down. Cricket club not working. Ah the non OG AR.
Can we all calm down and agree I am awesome? Sure I was never a rainmaker, and yes I'm too old to execute deals, and fine I was never any good at the technical stuff, and okay I proposition young associates in Goa, but I’m a star okay? I used to be chubby chacha’s blue-eyed boy, and I've been mummy’s favorite these past five years. So screw you haters! I'm awesome. Say it. I want to hear you say it. Say it.
Decade old story, I have become partner from associate while hearing reading rumours gossip of this split. Any guesses to who is spreading it
I thought this thread was a meme. You seriously think we have not heard of AZB split stories multiple times before in the last 5 years?
Our team was just told by our partner that this is really happening! Been a loyalist at this firm right from Day Zero! I am now considering if it makes sense for me to stay back at AZB Bombay or whatever it's going to be called now.
I would rather be with Z than A. She's the one with the big business.
Apparently there was a partner meeting at azb where Z and B tried to debunk the split rumours.

Be that as it may, whether split or not - AZB is looking at a huge loss of people in the coming months. They have built a superb platform but it disregards the efforts by associates and partners and is extremely heavily tilted to only benefit the equity. No prize for guessing who holds the lion's share!

Unless they revamp there structure, its going to be curtains for them.

Basically, there will not be a firm left to split.
Has anyone heard of Zia's plans to bring home a lost boy from Veritas?