Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
Gen Z is defined by NYT as people too young to remember 9/11. This generation is the wealthiest generation in history, having inherited more wealth from parents than older generations, so they have the financial backup to quit. Older generations did not have this advantage.

As for the reasons for quitting, I don't deny that work-life balance in hard in India, but I also feel Gen Z is extremely lazy, spoilt, entitled and mentally shallow. For me, Gen Z is summed up by mindless trends like TikTok, woke politics, super cringey music and hyper-consumerism. Gen Alpha will probably be even worse. IMO Gen Y is the last of the great generations. Human civilisation is doomed once Gen Y dies out.
I agree. This generation has the most cringiest people. However, clubbing them all is idiotic on your part. Irrespective of the time, smart people will flourish.
Would love a source for "Gen Z is the richest generation in history" pls and thank u
I am too lazy to point out the flaws but you are wrong and very pessimistic about children and the world's future.
Lol, cost of living has never been higher. Even if you go by the percentage ratio of share of income to living expenditure.
Population is higher than ever along with access to education and the dream for living the high life naturally resulting in higher than ever competition.

Markets are evolving and older skills are becoming redundant extremely fast. Most new workers need to know skills from multiple disciplines nowadays.

How tf are can an entire generation be the laziest and the richest in such circumstances? Some individuals from that generation are, but that sure isn't the norm.
I really hope so. Would love to see the youth of our country working to improve the society through grassroot level work. Join law clinics or ngo's and help the world.

Its high time people realised law firms and pursuit of money is not worth it. Its only sad that it took a global pandemic to make people understand this.
It seems Sir is new to this forum and has not come in contact with the misery and plight of many. That certainly explains the ignorance. Although I can't vouch for that specific statistics but can say with confidence and concern that many young one do leave their jobs for seeking better work-life balance.
Best people to work and hang out with:

Gen Y > Gen X > Boomers > Leprechauns > Goblins > House Elves > Chimpanzees > Zombies > Gen Z