Read 25 comments as:
Filter By
A mail has been sent by the Registrar today. No doubt junior batches and their parents have been putting pressure, but it is careless to open up now. The Omicron variant may be milder than Delta but it is still highly contagious and can make you bedridden for 3-4 days. Also, booster shots have still to been rolled out for pope under 65. It is best to open up in the autumn semester.
He wouldn't have commented had not these inane posts been the norm on this forum these days. So your rejoinder comes across as merely petulant.
Look I know I'm going to be downvoted to hell for this, but it's time to find a way to live with the virus. I'm not taking it lightly, but I've already lost two years of college life to this, I don't want to lose more. And I'm not alone in saying this. Look at the UK, they're dropping all restrictions from Jan 26 despite high case numbers. Trust the science.
The science requires you all to observe protocols and precautions that you won't once you're on campus and free from supervision. So don't bring science into this plea.
nobody is enjoying it and your annoyance with college isn't more important than the substantial risk posed to peoples health and well being. vaccinated people are getting omicron too, often with serious symptoms.
Losing years of campus life vs losing actual human beings.

Hmm. Tough tradeoff.
(...)

It's time you move your ass and go to college. It is been over 2 years. The virus is not going to go anywhere; Learn to live with it. Get vaccinated and mask up - simple.

For God's sake, at least, let others - who want to stay on campus - go.
Who is stopping you from going? Pressure the universities into a hybrid mode. In addition, agree to strong disciplinary action being taken against you every time you are caught unmasked in public places or ignoring distancing protocols deliberately. If even ten students do physical classes, then all the university staff will have to be there regularly. Allow them to sue you for their medical bills too. Since most law universities in India don't even provide medical insurance for the staff.
If we were to follow Li's manade we would have done our entire schooling, college from home and also got a permanent wfh job.
The students and parents who pressurised the college to open and claimed that Covid is not a big deal should remember that a professor, a student and an admin staff from JGLS have died of Covid. Two of them had got vaccine shots. What is a mild infection for you may be deadly for others. Remember also that many staff and faculty live with aged parents. Please look beyond your selfish concerns.