Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
I've seen the salary data for A0s as discussed at LI before (See, https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/169345-fresher-salary-tabulation-of-lots-of-firms).
If this is true, how can you reconcile the fact that the data published by NLU-D shows that their median salary is 18 lakhs? Aren't all A0s paid the same amount? Even if a few are paid a higher amount than normal at the extremes of a distribution, it shouldn't be affecting the median of the data.
It is fudged. NLUD has pulled the same stunt earlier too. The median salary isn't 18 lakhs. This is just another indication of the unreliability of the NIRF data. Once again for the benefit of those who are still unaware of it, the biggest drawback of NIRF methodology is that almost all the data collected by it from the universities are unverified.
Disgusting cheating by NLUD. Both NALSAR and NUJS lose out because of this dishonesty. We should complaint to NIRF and also write an article for LiveWire calling NLUD out.
LOL, go ahead and do that. Let’s see what happens. Even NALSAR has done this before as well. Even if the data wasn’t fudged, NLUD would be ahead of the other two, especially NUJS. Don’t know why they would want to increase the median salary for that.
Are you honestly trying to whitewash or justify this fraudulent action? Wow, talk about the failure of legal education!
There have been so much discussion about this, but in all my communities from law firms to in-house, everyone knows that NIRF is the most trash ranking ever, don't even bother looking at it.
Inspite of all attempts , I advise aspirants to select nluj instead of nujs. NLS/ NLUD, nalsar ,nluj ,nujs ,gnlu .forget abut other self proclaiming logic here and there.
Yes, please choose a law university that fudges official data. Good training for the future.
Its weird right? The government cant task a professional / private body to do the ranking (like one of the Big 4) - because then there may be allegations of wrong doing, favoritism, lobbying, etc. But if the govt does it on its own (basically sarkari babus at work) then its the typical process of everyone submit whatever they want and sarkari babus will accept it on face value because verification of all that data is just too much work.

Only an independent body (self funded) can do this reliably.

Anecdote: I had an acquaintance (a 2012 grad from an NLU) who worked for Invest India. He was quite meritorious back at college (if I go by his grades), did his masters from abroad, worked with a decent law firm in India as well at some point. But became totally lethargic (sarkari babu) at Invest India. His favorite pastime at Invest India was to ramble on linkedin praising central govt. He is recovering now I guess (he resigned). Point I am trying to make - cant entrust important / urgent matters to a govt departments.
How do you know that the median salary they have mentioned is 18 lakhs?
It's available as part of their NIRF report that's there on the NIRF website.