Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
The pandemic had seen the attrition rates of law firms shoot up exponentially.

This topic has been discussed in several previous posts, but let's collate and try to answer these Questions:-

1) What are the major reasons for this?
2) What is the attrition rate currently -60, 70, 80 percentage .... in law firms??
3) Is the stagnant pay package to blame?
4) Which firms have seen the highest attrition rates this pandemic?
5) What does the future look like?

* Comments from people who have left would be appreciated.
I joined in the monsoon of 2019 (fresh grad) at this firm in Bombay with around 30 Lawyers then. Now, there are only 3 lawyers (including me) left from that bunch. The vacancies have mostly been filled but not completely. I went from a team of 6 to a team of 3 with almost 90% of the pre-pandemic work load.
60-70-80 per cent attrition rate? Do you even understand what you're asking/writing? LOL
We reduced retainers of everyone (including A0) at the beginning of the pandemic. After reducing, we started delaying and are currently 4 months behind schedule. Bonus is only one year overdue.

We were also evicted from one of the floors by one of our former attorneys (who happens to be the owner) and shut one regional office altogether.

We misrepresent having a 150+ team whereas we're not even half of that.

Attrition wise, 12 out of 25 partners have quit in the past 2 years. To show the world that all is well, we're hiring anyone who's applying. Not even counting the associates.

Reason is simple, we hired the wrong guys