Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
Are there any good online litigation internships where I'll actually get to learn something? I tried one which turned out to be nothing more than a mere addition to WhatsApp group with minor research related tasks.
Can't do much when it's online, tbh.

I have been wondering how I can improve the learning experience of my interns over the last few days. For them it's mostly research work.

Some drafting too, depending on their experience and caliber - but it's difficult to give feedback on their drafting online (trust me, there are so many things to be pointed out that they could improve). I end up just making all the changes in their draft (or doing it over all again) and sending it back to them and telling them to see it for themselves how it's supposed to be.

Besides this, of course they attend virtual hearings (but let's be honest, only like 50% of the hearing are effective hearings; baaki mein toh reader hi date laga deta hai).

In fact I'd appreciate any input from y'all in this respect
So, one of the best interns i've ever had was from one small boutique disputes firm from hyderabad.

What they used to do was assign us work (both research and drafting) give us a particular deadline and in most cases conducted simultaneous feedback sessions. If it was a draft, sir would send a gmeet link, and go through the draft while telling what to change and why it should be changed. Similarly, for research he would conduct meetings and discuss everything.

Sir would also make sure that we completely knew and understood the basics of the research or draft assigned. Further, if it was the draft of a big case he would make sure that all the interns were in a meeting with him while he drafted and explained the nitty gritties of the draft.

It did get a bit hectic, but it was one of the best internships I've done. That office was willing to teach, both the partners were great teachers, quite approachable and acted on the feedback received.
Could you please share the name of the firm here if its not a problem for you? Such firms definitely deserve a mention on these platforms : )
Can you please share the name of the firm?! Also, are they still offering online internships?