Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
A recent thread on this platform regarding some covid cases on the NUJS campus had a lot of so-called NUJS students anonymously saying atrocious things about individual students and the SJA. This thread has been created to discuss why some people choose to do so. Not having the courage to attach your name to a message which says vicious things about other people makes one a coward, one who hides behind the safety of anonymity on the internet.

Having said this, I realise that it is somewhat stupid for me to start this thread anonymously, but I think it's still important because this can bring some of those cowards into the conversation. My only request is, if at all you want to bully other students in NUJS, please don't hide behind a gossip website on the internet and say what you want to in the open.

PS. Apparently, some juniors feel that their voices wont be heard in college forums, so they choose to address their concerns through anonymous channels like Legally India. I'm very curious about how they intend to succeed as lawyers in this cutthroat profession if they cant even speak their mind in a small college meeting.
Why aren't you naming yourself exactly? Sort of blows your whole argument into smithereens.
Why don't you lead the way by disclosing your name first? So that juniors can be inspired from you.
"intend to succeed as lawyers in this cutthroat profession if they cant even speak their mind in a small college meeting."
SJA is not replying to genuine messages/ emails. Whats the point of ranting on a mail thread where I will be the one at best getting ignored and bullied at worse. I would rather abuse SJA here and go to sleep. Wrt your bullying allegation my submission is that all comments were against sja/ admin and not any one person. You cant "bully" an elected body. It was all criticism/ abuse directed towards the SJA/ admin. For such governing/ elected bodies, I believe there is nothing wrong in this.

That being said lets go back to the first gb meeting of 2021 and recall what had happened. Did the SJA even try to address the concerns in the chat box or the ones that were spoken? Did they even try to create a facade that they cared? Did they try to have an exhaustive SOP/ POA? The basic issue is that there is a minority who wanted to go back to campus and the SJA tried to bulldoze that sentiment through the meeting. Anything you speak against compulsory reopening you get branded as a loner, alarmist, snitch etc etc. My personal issue is that I dont have that kind of money to be jumping between college and home like a ping pong. You tell me with certainty that the hostel is not going to be closed and mess will function for the whole semester and I will be there no questions asked. But I cant pack my bags and go back whenever somebody tests positive on campus or something like that.

My biggest regret is that I did not raise the issue directly with the VC and faculty after I had been snubbed before they joined.

PS. A lot of times unfavourable decisions which affect you are taken by people who you cannot control. In the profession you know you are on your own, in Uni SJA is supposed to responsible to us and for our collective welfare. The job of the SJA is not to organise parties with us being the collateral damage.
If you are a student in your first or second year, I approve the direction in which your education is going. Clear and precise arguments, rational thought patterns. Noice!
College reopening was allowed by West Bengal government. NUJS was literally amongst the last to call for physical reopening. Rest I agree with your point.
I don't think that the NUJS thread was about bullying, it was only about junior students expressing their grievances on this platform, so that such a situation does not occur again. Like for instance, 10-15 students from my batch has also called out the abnormal level of toxicity and back-biting in our batch in this platform itself, not for bullying someone, but rather in the hope that something meaningful would come out of it.
Bhai I appreciate you having the hope of '`something meaningful' happening for our batch. Lekin bhai our batch is beyond repair. I know 80 perct of the batch is fed up of our batch, but nothing 'meanginful has come out'.
This is what gaslighting is. Can OP pls define bullying for me? The sja should take the trouble to reply to mails instead of starting such threads.
Bhai ek baat batao. Aaj tum first time to legally india pe comment/ post kar nai rae ho. There may have been other instances (some law firm post, some college post, or something else) where you have had made your pleasure/ displeasure known through a post / comment/ like. Someone does the same thing today in a context or on a topic that you dont like, then its bullying? yaar, is tarah to Cyril Shroff, Zia Modi, etc. to sab se bade victim hai bullying k? Unko to log naam le k sunate hai? SJA ko criticize kar diya to kya paap kar diya bhai.

I know you felt bad for SJA being criticized. And its ok - you are entitled to your opinion. But you could have defended them in the same thread. Making a separate thread and calling it bullying will only make it worse for you, if you are genuinely looking to defend SJA.
You know that you can resign right ? Like the previous SJA president or multiple CRs. Bye bye