Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
Part I captures the myriad ways in which it is done here in India -

https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/213229-law-firm-sacking-how-is-it-done

Now let's move on to a more serious question - are Indian Law Firms, to the best of your understanding/ knowledge/ experience, letting go of people in a manner that's considerate, that isn't scarring/ inequitable?

Have you experienced/ witnessed someone with contacts being retained and preferred over you?

Have you seen good minds lose their way, quit law, resort to therapy, because of this being mishandled?

How about we make this an anonymous survey? If comfortable, please mark your answer with any of the applicable tags - T1 (Small/Mid Size/Large), T2 (Small/Mid Size/Large) and T3 (Small/Mid Size/Large).

Small - Upto 100 Fee Earners (including partners);
Medium - Upto 250 Fee Earners (including partners); and
Large - Above 250 Fee Earners (including partners).
Most teams in T1 law firms are severely severely understaffed right now. The team I work in has the partner, me and an A0. We have 7 on-going/live matters.

At this point, my partner will babysit my children if I had any. Even the A0 won't be fired under any circumstances.

Know your worth. And walk out, if necessary.
True. And good people have been difficult to find. By good people what is meant is young people with the work ethic/mental stamina to put up with he typical Law Firm bullshit.
Had the author of this thread spent so much effort in to their work, the author would not be sacked and would indulge in such useless shit.
Had you cared to read, you would know that I do not belong to the law firm word and am asking these questions as an outsider. To have a more informed opinion, perhaps? Boy, you must be a real asset to your firm/ team, and your diligence levels suggest as much! Is it a T1? Never mind, I don't care, just being sarcastic.
T1 (Large)

Law firms are not sacking enough!!

I have witnessed Partners tolerating mediocre talent with flimsy commitment far too often.
I have watched partners having mediocre talent with flimsy commitment!
OP has posted many questions, and I fail to see what you have countered! As for your unsolicited opinion - assuming you are right, does a fee-earner have to be fired unceremoniously? I am assuming that the reasons cited by you are grounds enough for doing so!

Here's a rhetorical question for you - as lawyers, shouldn't we be the flagbearers of intellectual discourse and act as much?
One thing is for sure, the author of the post will not be sacked if instead of wasting time on such useless shit, this person actually does some work.