Read 36 comments as:
Filter By
SA1 here

40 total. 75% fixed.

The highest here is 42 but that seems to be quite rare.
SA1 at KCo
28 lakhs fixed
Variable could be anything since KCo doesn't have a fixed bonus component
A0 at KCO here. Worth staying here for 4 years to go from 16 to 28L? I genuinely thought SA earn at least double. Do any other T1 firms pay more?
16 is including bonus for you, child. 28 L fixed means around 36-40 including bonus, is my estimate.
Thanks, grandpa. Obviously I know 16 is inclusive of bonus. But yeah, 36-40 sounds cool. Worth staying then.
45 lacs aggregate. AFAIK, there are stars in the firm who get more than this.
These numbers are incorrect at least for the corporate practice. KCO is not paying at par compared to CAM and Trilegal.

Fixed - 2.20 per month ~ 26.40
Bonus - 10-12L approx based on payout of last year
One thing I can tell you is that all these figures are vastly exaggerated and not honest.
This is insane. Are you making 35+14= 49 LPA as an SA?

It do you mean to say 25+14?
Na, that's correct. we get money for our labor, not emails at 4 AM sweety.
Are you serious? Are Trilegal SAs making around 49LPA? We at SCAM are stuck at around 39.

It is hard to believe. Can someone else confirm what amount are Trilegal SAs making after last year's hike?
It is true. I am an A3 and I make 25.5 + 4.5 (total 30L). There is a big jump at SA level. Though I believe 35+14 is for SA2 level. But at SA1 it's definitely 42L+.

CAM' s recent pay hike was more gimmick than a real hike is what I gather from friends. Plus, there is hardly any differential pay at Trilegal. Everyone at my level makes the same fixed (and almost the same in bonus).
Heard SAs in top billing teams easily cross 40 or even 45 after revenue share.
Yes, JSA remains the highest paying firm for star performers due to the 8%. Even associates earn 30 to 40 LPA.
Some SA1 make around 50 LPA
Made over 45 lacs as an SA. Anyone who wishes to dispute it can see the documents. I will create a specific email ID and share documents anonymising personal information but digits and designation will be visible.

Not trying to prove anything but it's just that if you make your life miserable, you will get paid well by firms.
You an SA1 or SA2? Also, You must be a top performer. If you don't mind, please share that id. Thanks!
SA1/2/3?

I don't doubt it. At CAM and draw 40 at SA1.

To the naysayers, you should stop assuming that your limited knowledge is representative of the entire set. People with higher salaries won't exactly be open about it at work and given the opacity on retainer related matters, you simply cannot assume that what you (or folks you know) draw is the most that is drawn.

A lot of factors determine how much an SA draws: PQE, practice area, law school, work ex, competing offers, etc.
30 lakhs total with bonus. I can confirm that a lot of the figures mentioned above are overstated.
That's just not possible because it is too low.... SA1 easily make 27-28 lpa as fixed component + 12-14 lakha as bonus