Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
I am an A0 in a B&F team of a T1. I've been in this job for just over 2 months. However, I am constantly burdened by a number of different transactions at the same time, and everyone at my firm seems to be fine with it. Which makes it difficult to discuss with them as I might come across as a whiny fresher. Is this the case at all the firms or is it just a period or something? I do enjoy my work but not when I am so overburdened with it that I can't find time to breathe
Haha can relate.

I’ve been in the practice 6 months and I guess it is just the way it is. If I could get the time to sit down and understand every transaction, not work weekends or late nights, this would be the best job in the world.

But in reality, you’re just jumping from one deal to another without understanding much.
I know! And I felt like a dumb person for just skimming through transactions completing my deliverables without knowing ghanta about the transaction.
With a few years behind me now, I think I am somewhat equipped to answer this. This practice, while not ideal, is prevalent everywhere. I've worked in T1 and a T2 and it's pretty much the same for A0s. As you spend more time at the firm, you learn how to pushback, delegate, ask for help etc., which helps in load distribution. Also, as you gain more experience, you'll also learn how to finish things faster. Law firms throw you in the deep end in a sink or swim situation, so it's best to just hold on to your floatie for a few months and eventually you'll learn to swim.