Read 53 comments as:
Filter By
Are some people from the Bombay office also join the Delhi partners. Will Ajay Bahl be the managing partner of the new firm.
Is there a split really happening? Will it be as big as the AMSS split.
#5 says details are under wraps, and #5.1 says give more details xD

Gotta love this website xD
Man spends his few working hours supervising other partners (like .) executing deals for Zia's clients. So neither an executing partner nor a rainmaker. But he's a badshah. Sure.
What can be the probable implications of this split in Indian legal Industry? A behemoth firm like AZB cannot split without any long term ramifications
Luthra split up and there were no implications. There might be some aggressive hiring for a few months, but that's about it.
This is a so clearly a law student or in house counsel, for the level of daftness required to about ramifications is not just academic but banal.

The real question is whether Ashwat defects to become the Bombay lead and faces mumma as a competitor.
Yes of course. He couldn't hold on to his own team, and all he does is handle clients like Reliance that Zia has tossed to him, but he's competition for Zia. She created India's most profitable law firm from scratch and has to worry about a bloated tom-tom that she plucked from CAM?
AZB Delhi as a standalone firm will become what Link Legal is to the erstwhile JB Dadachanji & Co. Zia will retain her status as a leading corporate attorney, but will fail miserably in institutionalizing her practice.
Boss who are you and what are you smoking. Not on the AZB bit but Link Legal ref. Just go.
Link Legal quit karke AZB kya join kiya, toh samhjhe ke image ka Ganga Snan ho gaya!? Scam someone else, bro! AZB-Delhi is culturally a quintessential Panju law office. Right from the reception and onwards! Do I even need to take names to make this point!? Rhetorical Question! You all know it, so shut up!

Zia Mody and her team made AZB Delhi look good in every sense of the word and I am so glad that she will finally set up shop in Delhi - that'll bring the professionalism and work ethic of her Mumbai office to Delhi. Props to her. Long overdue.
Pukka you were the chosen few who were asked to leave during your tenure. Chalo let the smaller fries be happy in jumping from Link to AZB Delhi, you please keep your β€œtier I” bhraman intact. Lol!
I couldn’t agree more! Besides being good at your work, you have to, temperamentally, be a sort of jat demag to work your way through the office-politics there!
Except for one senior partner at Link Legal, nobody can be so self involved to make an LL reference here.
GOOD NEWS!! Zia's Delhi operations will be in New Delhi and not in Ulta Pradesh!
Why is this taking so long to disclose? Everybody has kept it hush hush. But it has to be brought out in the open. God knows what's happening. And more importantly why is the split happening- that is the key question.
Why would they split? Unlike Luthra and AMSS, Delhi and Mumbai are different firms already.
They aren’t splitting. No one has put up any details because there aren’t any. It’s all a big negative PR exercise from people moving to TL.
If that's so, then why is ZJM opening a law office in New Delhi? There's even mention of this in one of the comments below. Plus, if you were so sure, you wouldn't have posted anonymously. Care to clarify?
ZJM had not opened any Delhi office. Where are you getting your facts from? If you’re so sure why do you post anonymously? What a dumb question.
What's with AZB lawyers calling raw and contested data facts? Like, this is the second time I'm calling this shit out on LI. If this were a Khaitan problem, I would even understand!

This brings me to an AZB Joke -
AZB INTERVIEW, FINAL ROUND, FINAL QUESTION -

Interviewer - What's a Fact?
Interviewee -Contestable Information.
Interviewer - Congratulations, you're in!
🀣🀣🀣
Lol. Explains why most of the azb lawyers I’ve met (associate to SA particularly) are quite dumb and cannot think beyond the instructions they have been given.

Get done with this already?! At least some members in AZB are used to dealing with firm splits!
Not an insider, but the "our team" tab on the AZB website is not loading.

Almost as if the team is pending restructuring.
Commenter in 12 - don't be such a blatant lier. Go check the website again. It doesn't have an "our team" tab. There is a "people" tab which is working perfectly fine.
There was a very high level of Institutional arrogance at AZB. Now the law of karma is playing out. Arrogance always brings the downfall. This break-up was inevitable. Many inflated egos will noe get deflated and it’s status on the league tables will never be the same again.
Will the split have any retainer band increments? Will it become Amarchand 2.0 with both firms fighting for talent?
There are videos that are being put up showing the camaraderie that the AZB partners have for each other. Doubt that the split will happen. Looks like it is false news.
Bhai/Behen,

AZBian se AZBite suits better. Z and Bite go hand in hand. No canine pun intended.
A 17-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 18-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.