Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
Why do people not prefer joining SEBI given a much better work environment and same salary when compared to Tier 1 law firms?
Long term monetary growth will be significantly less in SEBI. Also, not everyone is a big fan of transfers. But remember this kid, SEBI pays more than you need to live a good life and more money doesn't necessarily mean a better life. In case you don't trust this advice just talk to anyone working at any T1 law firm and then talk to someone who is at SEBI. SEBI guy may be jealous with less money but majority of them are usually content and happy and get to spend time with their loved ones. I am a practicing advocate and my younger brother works at RBI and trust me he doesnt regret even one bit not joining a law firm.
Rbi is much better jobs with lot of growth and good money but sebi isn't the same case. However all other things stands true.
Bhai, because you cannot rise to the top of SEBI, you have to clear UPSC for that and be an IAS officer.
Kuch bhi. By that logic, a person should not join a tier 1 law firm because you won't ever become a managing partner in CAM/SAM etc. It's akin to saying that i won't join a company because the chances of me becoming the next CEO is negligible. Don't deal in such extremes.
In sarkari setup everything is about kursi as its brings other perks and privileges with it but private sector is skills and money.
T1 Partner bhi pav chute hai SEBI AM ke.
T1 PA se badi team handle krte hai SEBI AM.
T1 A0 jitna paisa kmate hai SEBI AM.

They make good bucks. Their work is heavy and important. Their time is in their hands.

If you ever can, get it.
SEBI assistant managers work for seniors in their departments. The seniors hardly do any work (sarkari environment). You have no control over which department you will be transferred to every three years. Promotions are slow + politics. While there may be some good people in your cohort, most of the people are kind of dull.
Sebi doesnt give permanent wfh which some law firms in future might. You have to live in mumbai.
Mental peace, okayish money and nil growth prospects financially but may have professional growth prospects
Versus
No mental peace, good money, large growth prospects both financially and professionally

It boils down to mental well being at last.
Well - that is clearly not the case. You are mistaken.

One may not (chances are very high) join SEBI as a lateral official. So, it makes sense to join it when you are offered a position (which is generally thru examination and interview at Grade A level).

T1 law firms, one can join anytime.
Are law firm jobs really that bad as people make it to be?
How do so many people stay on then?
How are people concluding that the Salary of a SEBI legal officer is less? They start at a salary higher than A0s for 9-5 job 5 day a week

If someone can throw light on the career growth in T1s? What is the salary range at SA & PA levels? Does Life get easier at the top?