Read 47 comments as:
Filter By
Do you guys know any person who is faking their entire persona on the internet? I have two University Seniors who are faking it large time on LinkedIn and advising people on litigation and career in law, when they themselves have none. What I find disturbing is that their behaviour seems to be predatory and they clearly don't have good intentions. They have hidden their year of graduation in order to appear more experienced and peddle generic advice all the time.

Have you guys also come across characters like this?
My college senior...she graduated in 2021. Had followers in thousands, use to pose like some motivational speaker/someone who knows a lot about business, when she had the most mediocre internships and had to settle for a compliance position at one of those LPOs that portray themselves as law firms.
I think its still quite mild in comparison to what my senior is doing, I just noticed he called for job applications for his "chamber", which does not even exist. He is studying for judicial services examinations and is wasting everyone's time for some clout.
anyone heard about 'mass internship programme' during lockdown? Mr. Banka happens to be a prolific lawyer by starting mass internship programme during lockdown. He claims that he has given internship to 100s of students that time.
Kya yahi hai acche din???
I think the building linkedin presence has gone from the realm of professional to cringe. The desperation is visible in the posts. Pick up random shit and provide some unnecessary gyaan on it.
This practice of giving 'gyaan' on Linkedin should stop. For god sake don't make Linkedin as your whatsapp and facebook cringe posts. Many lawyers take liberty to post such random cringe posts just to mark their presence especially around the law students.
I don't understand one thing, if your practice is flourishing how do you get enough time to post such deep thoughtful cringe posts?
What about PPL asking for a connect and then the next second hitting you up for an internship.
Guys get a life.

If you are really concerned people are getting scammed by advice from an unqualified person, why don’t you go ahead and help out these people. Take time out to give guidance. Honestly, if people are flocking to this so called liar, it’s probably because there aren’t better alternatives out there in the market.
Ah yes, the Cap Marks team comes to harp about disclosure requirements to avoid scammy transactions. Arre bhai har cheez asymmetry of information ke liye nahi hota hai: some things are just abhorrent to do irrespective of the information available to the scammee.
I worked for a so called "fastest growing law firm" in India. The founder MP is into all big motivation and entrepreneurship Gyan activities on LinkedIn, flaunting all marketing awards as if all are bestowed on him by God. In reality the person is totally opposite- arrogant, demotivating, demoralises colleagues and juniors ! Never take all linkedin stuff very seriously, especially the Gyan and self appreciation statements under the garb.
There's a guy from my college who mentors people in mooting. He has no credentials for it and goes about on LI with his mooting gyaan. Sick to the core but hey, fake it till you make it.
Oh! Yes, our mooting guide of NLUO. He has as decent business from it. Used to run a travel venture, then he decided to become a moot guru because he knew how to format MS word memos better than some others. All his friends support him so much its sick that they allow him to benefit from such shitty generic advice.
This thread is hilarious!! And so true! LMAO. Can't we have real names though?
Friends, I don't give only gyaan. When convenient, please see my LInkedIn profile. I'm a self proclaimed expert on PE/VC, M&A, Data Privacy, Energy, EV etc. etc. Any matter I touch, I gain expertise in. Fact that I do 3 deals a year is a different matter. Market is bad, what to do.
Also, friends, now I have an award from BW. This only confirms that I'm the best. Every firm wants to hire me. I also proclaim to have foregone equity where I work. I'm the benchmark for modesty!
Apologies, friends, its Legal Era and not BW. Haven't been getting my reduced retainer to pay for both.
Whoever actually has work does not waste time on linked in (or LI for that matter).
I know one (or rather two) who really have no practise and no apppearances to talk of, but claim to have single handedly won the 377 case in Supreme Court. This, after plagiarizing a piece from an NLU student whose research she was to be guiding.
All of this was because of engaging a PR firm run by a Mallu in Delhi (Cherian).
Really? this is the first time i'm hearing of this. care to elaborate more?