Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
Post-clat is very different. There are so many issues in every NLU and everyone pretends it's all perfect because of lAw ScHooL rAnkIngS
Most overrated word: "Clat Aspirant".
First clear the exam and then get ready to have the time of your life in law.
Quote:
get ready to have the time of your life
Hope that was sarcastic.
baitho beta, abhi bohot kuch dekhna baaki hai zindagi mai. Corp wale dd karo aur aspirants gk karo byee
If you want to live in an innocent bliss, sure.

But anything that calls out the bad, even if exaggerated, does give you a reality check. And the reality is this: as a lawyer, opportunities are very very less. As a fresher, you'll struggle with meagre money for the best years of your life. And for the extremely limited early-on money making opportunities that do exist (aka "tier 1 corporate firm jobs"), they will suck the soul out of you, make you unhealthy and miserable.

That said, if you still want to pursue law, you should not bogged down by arguments on Legally India. The real world of law will make you deal with much worse arguments that these here.
Dear Kid,

As a CLAT Aspirant the worst thing you can do is to spend time reading Legally India - you are not supposed to be here.

Go and read Current Affairs and solve some Quantitative Aptitude Questions.
Simply don't then. Anyways, if you are a flat aspirant then what the hell are you doing here? Gk today pe jao Bhai.
Kid, get off this platform as soon as possible. Warna aspirant hee reh jaoge.
Bhai JEE krk bhi kaunsa employment milra, atleast advocate ka sticker to chipkaenge scooty pe 🥺
There is a time for everything. Since you haven't stepped into the arena, reading about it may confuse you. Once you start having first hand experience of law school, you will have a different outlook altogether.
You seem to have missed posts of associates asking if they should buy that audi?
You are right OP. Some of the posts that you read here can be really intimidating. If I see my self as a class 12th kid and then read this post, I have to agree that as a kid even I would have been a bit worried about my career choice. But just know that these are just occupational hazards or job necessities that every career will have to some extent or the other. The world of a MBA grad working for P&G plant in Mumbai is not all rosy. The world of a doctor sweating away in en emergency ward in a hospital is also not all flowery. What I am trying to say is great careers come with great risk and great labour. The latter is to an extent more pronounced in law firms. But it is nothing that will kill you (if you can become a good manager of time and do some wise team and firm choosing). If I had the opportunity to go back to 12th (with all the knowledge I have today), I will gladly do it again. There will always be lawyers who will be like why did I choose Law? There will always be doctors who will be like why did choose medicine? Someone somewhere is always cursing their job. Just take legally india with a pinch of salt. It is not like you will be working in a coal mine. Cheers!
Well these new kids. One of the kids approached me regarding guidance for CLAT prep, etc.. I told them that the pattern has changed, and I am not aware of it in detail, but I still be able to share some fundamental tips and tricks. The kid suddenly started talking about future goals in law. They wanted to know the easiest, safest well-paid job where she would have the least amount of responsibility and have to work very less. I was flabbergasted hearing this, I asked them to re-think the decision to do law, as the profession requires hard-work throughout. The kids these days!