Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
I wish to pursue a career in litigation and live in a safe neighbourhood that’s not more than 45 mins from the Supreme Court. Jangpura, GK and Def Col don’t appeal to me - oversaturated with some Lex Bla Bla Bla Obscure Law Firm #cringeoverload! Parking hassles galore. I hear that Civil Lines (Delhi) is a good option and the rentals there offer waay better bang for the buck - being a bungalow zone. I also hear that Civil Lines now has vibrant nightlife too.

I want more insights, though. Anyone?
It’s good but I would advise to you look at other options in south Delhi as well. Sda, Hauz Khas Enclave, Anand lok, Mayfair gardens etc etc are much more peaceful than defcol.
With residents like NK Kaul, Sr Adv living in stately homes with large lawns, I would reckon that

- a builder flat in Civil Lines would be harder to come by (compared to the addresses abovementioned)
- the cost of living at Civil Lines would be on the higher side (compared to a Jangpura/ Nizamuddin/ Defence Colony; owing to higher travel costs/ longer travel time to Supreme Court/ DHC, higher property tax, relatively large plot size)

Civil Lines - SC/ DHC/ Patiala House is a good 40-minute drive on a rush hour. 15-20 minutes on the weekend/ non-rush hours. Is that a good thing? You decide. I would prefer roughing it out at a Jangpura/ Lajpat/ Defcol/ Safdarjung address - owing to better proximity to all the action + I get Lutyens/ south Delhi resident bragging rights!

Although, I would agree, Civil Lines is a nice neighbourhood in the northern half of Central Delhi. Lots of green and wide roads. A locality of the old aristocratic families of Delhi - although, note - most of them have left!

The CM and LG live there, bringing VIP benefits for those living immediately around them.

The Ridge area and Qudsia Bagh is a haven for leisure cyclists and runners.
Bumping - What are the rentals for a 3BHK like around 2000Sq feet? Broker contacts, please.