Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
is it possible for an A3 with 20-24lpa buy an Audi Q3 (43-45l on road Mumbai) with 5 year EMI if I intend to stay with the firm for a long time?
He can, but it would be a decision that he would regret (financially) BIG TIME. You don't need to put an unreasonable amount of EMI burden upon yourself at this stage of your career when your primary goal should be to save as much as possible for the responsibilities (marriage, kids, etc.) that lie ahead.
That being said, its a personal decision and depends on your demographics and ambitions.
Suggestion: DON'T
My uncle buys car in range of 40-50 lakh and change it every couple of years. In his case, he is able to use it to claim depreciation and save loads on taxes. He is able to put on even the interest expense as business expense. So the comfort and flaunting is just an additional perk.
So don't just go by what people are buying, they may have very different reason from you for buying these cars. My recommendation would be to rent Q3 or similar car for a week or so (will cost a bomb) but thats fine and take it on a long drive with people you like or solo. This way you don't have a hanging sword of EMI in case you want to discontinue working for firm later on but can enjoy finer things in life from time to time. Rest is your call.
Do keep in mind when you buy a car this expensive half of the time you are not able to enjoy it because roads are terrible and crowded and you are always afraid if it will get that dent there or scratch here. Better to buy something more economical and rent these kind of cars to satisfy your itch from time to time. Rest is your call.
OMG so much money on a car... For an A3 future is not yet certain
I suggest do not buy.. rest is upto you
You won't get the time to use your Audi. Although it'll look great in the parking lot of your firm.