Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
How bad are the transfers in Judiciary? I mean even in posts like IAS/IPS or state civil services, transfers are quite common and many good officers are usually posted in small towns. But I have seen a common view in this thread which despises postings/transfers in small towns and cities that Judiciary entails as part its service but nobody says anything in case of UPSC or even State Civil Services where many good officers are posted at the remotest place. For example, an IPS officer from Kerala is posted in a very unknown district of Mizoram but that doesn’t seem to discourage them from UPSC but why is transfers and postings in remote regions in case of judiciary looked upon so badly and people have tended to develop an aversion towards such transfers in case of judiciary only but not when it comes to UPSC or provincial civil services?
Problem is the infrastructure, while State level/UPSC officers get acceptable infra and in some cases good infra. Judicial officers don't, lack of courtrooms, basic facilities like internet connectivity and sanitation. (Just read this to understand what I am talking about: https://theprint.in/judiciary/what-is-njic-agency-to-monitor-infrastructure-development-in-trial-courts-proposed-by-cji/738593/ )

The transfer situation is much better atleast in UP, here judicial officers get transferred every 3 years.

Also for dishonest folks in UPSC/ State PCS it is easy to make dirty/black money anywhere be it a tier 1 or a 3 city. While I am not saying that judicial officers don't indulge into such practices generally the avenues are much better in Sate PCS when compared to judiciary when it comes to corrupt practices.