Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
Do committees like the Academics and Debating Committee; Moot Court Committee; Placement Committee etc. have a role in our recruitment or shortlisting for internships at least? Do recruiters really give weightage to it? (especially for these committees from NLUs).
I heard it multiple times but I couldn't understand how exactly, because if recruiters visit my campus, why would they prefer me over people who are better than me or are equivalent to me, is it just the proximity of contact with the incoming firms that allows such sort of privilege or something else?
Replying to 1.1.1, people in RCCs are usually aware of which firm is coming when to offer internships/rolling placements. Allows them to plan/time other things better. Even on Day 0, those in RCC are aware if they have already secured an offer while the placements are still going on, while those outside have to wait till the final day to know.
No. But it helps you in making friends with seniors who can scratch your back in return
Being part of moot court committee but not having participated in any moots would not be good for your cv, hence would not increase recruitment chances. However, the vice versa is not true.
No it doesn't hold any weightage. I am gonna let you in on an open secret. I have also seen people lying on their linkedin regarding these committees. If you're bored, get in otherwise Law School is about studying Law remember