Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
Dear all,

Can anyone please shed any light on whether Tier-1's are really acceptable of intaking candidates who have worked in-house in a listed and reputed entity for over a year or is there any stigma about that? (Industry-Banking and Finance)
Stupid move,here lawyers working at Tier 1 leaving law firms in hundreds,and this guy wants to leave cushy, difficult to find inhouse position to go to torture chambers (Tier 1 law firms).
Bro, just don't. Can you please shed some light on the work conditions and pay at your current job?
The lateral move will depend upon your skill set and experience. It is easy to move when you are a junior since firms are a lot more forgiving. I started my career in-house (IT Company) but didn't enjoy it. There was no learning and development plus I didn't enjoy the work either. I didn't possess the necessary skill set (read M&A and VC deal experience) and that made cracking interviews difficult. After two years and countless interviews later I was finally able to move to a Tier-1 law firm. The move was quite difficult but I didn't give up. Good luck!
Done that, but many many years ago. If you have the hunger and willingness to go through the initial tough years, then the in house experience will help once you are senior enough and handle clients semi-independently at least. T1s should take you, they may just give you fresher pay and band - you can negotiate though, and may get a better offer