Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
1. AOR exam does have a certain standard and it lends credibility that you are a regular practitioner and not a mere connecting guy, especially for non-delhi clients. You have regular interface with Sr. Advs;
2. Gives the flexibility to take up consolidated mandates upto SC or challenge IAs (if there is merit) for existing clients at negligible costs to keep the client and litigation strategy under your control. If your client was happy at HC/ Tribunal stage, the client would retain you for SC too as the AOR;
3. Some lawyers focus only on SC, by building network with a HC chambers and getting empaneled for SC exclusively. As a career choice, it takes the pressure of you of for running to multiple forums. Forum focused practice may initially have monetary disadvantages, but in the long run helps you develop a face value as a counsel and could bring windfall gains at a later stage in your career.
4. Most importantly, you have to prepare and pass a subject neglected in college and professional life - 'professional ethics'. As an AOR, at least somewhere subconsciously you'll always remember the ethics you need to abide by.
Any idea on how much can a new AOR with no family connection earn?
I am interested in litigation but scared of the gestation period and uncertainty.
Anywhere between 10k to 75k per filing, depending upon - referral or direct client; petitioner or respondent; and individual or corporate client.
How many filings can I expect if I am a Tier 1 NLU grad without any family connections and who has recently become AOR?
T1 has nothing to do with litigation. It is always your connections - either you make or already have them. Maza aayega jab reality hit karegi.
Any ballpark figure? I know there are variables but, still, any average figure is there?