Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
Asking this because of comments I saw in another thread. Is it fake news or true? If I compare with Amity and Symbi, Amity has law campuses in Noida, Lucknow, Jaipur and Kolkata AFAIK, while Symbi has law campuses in Pune, Noida and Hyderabad. So Chennai definitely seems an untapped market. As for Kolkata, I imagine those going to Amity Kolkata will prefer Jindal over it.
Actually, they plan to open it in Mysore, Dubai (Middle Eastern branch) and Singapore (East Asian branch) as per rumours. Collaborations with external faculty from Oxbridge, Columbia and Harvard are also rumoured.

However, these locations will not have a branch of "JGLS", which will be in Sonipat only. These will house other new colleges under the banner of JGU (O.P. Jindal Institution of Eminence Deemed To Be University). JGLS is just one of over 10+ colleges that JGU (now) has and runs courses on law or legal studies.
But JGLS still remains the flagship college. The others haven't really taken off that well that fast yet giving competition to established names.
Even the present campus has a hard time attracting students who are willing to pay 40 lakhs for an LLB.
They still get over 800 students every year, so not that hard probably. Plenty of people interested to study law and willing to shell out the dough for what they have to offer.
The only criteria to get into JGLS is a deep pocket. So, if one can afford to pay for JGLS, why would anyone prefer the extension campuses, which would be inferior in all probability?

Are they going to have a lower fee?
No such plan. Pure rumour. Jgls / Jindal university has published vision document 2029. It won't go outside Sonipat
Yes, if they go beyond the vision document in the future, they will be struck down by heavenly lightning from the sky. eye roll