Read 48 comments as:
Filter By
See the drop down menu for NIRF 2022 registration. Jindal was never listed there previously, now it is showing up. Also, if you click on Jindal you get this message:

"Pre-Registration Link has already been sent to the 'vc@jgu.edu.in'. Please check the mail and complete the registration for India Rankings 2022."

https://login.nirfindia.org/Registrations/Registration

Can someone confirm ifJindal is taking part for the 2022 rankings? According to LI forums the VC had apparently told parents that JGLS would participate if and when a good rank was assured. Does Jindal expect a top 5 rank then???
Hello. I can confirm that Jindal is participating in NIRF 2022, as you have pointed out. There was not just pressure from law aspirants and their parents, but also the architecture school (JSAA) and management school (JGBS). Remember that Jindal is more than JGLS. Schools like JSAA and JGBS need to work harder to convince parents and aspirants than JGLS. In case of JSAA, there are very few architecture schools that participate in NIRF and many of the colleges in the architecture rankings are totally unknown ones. Lovely Professional University is ranked 12!!! So JSAA has a great chance of cracking the top 10 in the architecture rankings and they can then convince parents and aspirants more easily.

As for JGLS, I think the chances of top 5 rank are pretty good. That itself is enough to convince some parents and aspirants to choose JGLS he'd of certain lower ranked NLUs. The IOE status ought to help.

(...)
Other than perception, Jindal will score the highest in every other field in NIRF. Placements will be difficult to establish, given their huge batch size, but there are enough ways that data can be 'legally manipulated'.
Yes, JGLS is participating! I got to know it from the admissions office.
This will disrupt the rankings. Jindal can very well rank #2 after NLSIU. They will score high for publications, stud
bahahahha I m sorry, hello stranger from 3004 AD Parallel universe. I extremely regret to inform you that India is in a different time zone and reality.
There is a rumour going around that Jindal will try to position itself as a top 3 NIRF law school and admit on basis of CLAT scores from 2023, discontinuing LSAT. But that means displacing Nalsar from 3rd place on debut. Seems impossible to me.
You earnestly believe that a college which welcomes every average joe scoring above a paltry 50%ile in easy peasy LSAT will suddenly posit itself as having entry barriers and academic rigour comparable to the top 3 NLUs - which take about top 0.5%ile of CLAT applicants?

Not to mention that LSAT-India and JGLS have one of the most profitable partnerships in the entire legal education business?

I'll take whatever you're smoking.
The moment Jindal starts admitting on the basis of CLAT, all its claims of being 'number one' will bit the dust, as people with good enough scores to go to the top NLUs will never go to Jindal.
Jindal is also planning to open at least two branches in other parts of the country, one in South and the other in East.
Honestly, no one cares about NIRF. NO ONE. Not law firms, not in-house legal function recruiters (the few who do recruit freshers), not litigation folk - no one. Of course other than a few students trying to figure out what to do/ a few law students who derive a lot of meaning of their self based on their college, and perhaps parents who don't know much on account of not being from the law world.

My alma mater - a "top 5" NLU, could get rank 1 in all versions of the NIRF hereon and that will have zero impact on my life, employability, work product or ANYTHING with the slightest of substantive value.
Th current top 5 is NLSIU>NLUD>NALSAR>NUJS>IIT. At the very least, Jindal has a strong chance of overtaking IIT and ranking 5th at least. That will help convince many CLAT test takers to consider Jindal and give LSAT.
Will displace NLSIU for sure - other than reputation, where it scores 100, I don't see any other benchmark, where NLSIU is ahead.

Agree. NLSIU gets the #1 slot only via the perception score, which is total jugaad. This hurts NLUs even more than Jindal. There is a proposal to remove this parameter entirely from NIRF.
Student quality. And that all the good faculty get to teach all the students. Huge advantages eluding JGLS till date.
Student quality? Is that a parameter in the NIRF? And, how exactly kids from posh schools, who, usually, have good command over English - Not to mention, the connection - are any less?
JGLS is 75th in QS law rankings. So it deserves to be #1 in the NIRF rankings for law.
Neither of which matters at present or has mattered in the past or will matter in the days to come. Rankings are just optics meant for people to spend money.
My prediction for NIRF 2022:

Top 10

NLSIU
NLUD
NALSAR
JGLS
NUJS
GNLU
IIT
NLUJ
RGNUL
NLIU or RMLNLU or NLUO
It's often so strange, LI is full of people stating "no one cares about Jindal," which may be true, yet deliberations about and/or slamming Jindal are always prevalent and trending at LI. Similarly, rankings (QS and NIRF) are significant and hot before rankings are released and your institution is expected to earn a strong rank, but after Jamia Milia Islamia ranks higher than your university, "rankings anyway don't matter and no one actually looks at them." However, after some time, NIRF becomes significant (again) in expectation, only to be invalidated once the findings are released. Because no Indian law school other than JGLS ranks in QS, QS has always been annulled at LI; however, when Ashoka ranks better than Jindal, it suddenly becomes significant, and when NLS is expected to rank in there, the NLS lobby strives to resuscitate its relevance.

I am no longer in my first year of law school, so these rankings and rivalries do not concern me, but I couldn't help but share my thoughts here. Regardless all the JGLS bashing that goes on here, I study at Jindal and feel it is one of the best law schools in the country because of the abundance of chances that have been offered to me. I'm not going to trust the opinion of someone sitting 1000 miles away who has most likely never visited Jindal, but does that imply the rankings are correct? No. Is JGLS the world's 75th best law school? No. In fact, no Indian law school, in my judgement, is in the top 100. No offence to Jamia, which is a great institution, but it is not the sixth best law school in the nation. And you'd have to be insane to assume that any contemporary rankings are even close to accurate. Do rankings, on the other hand, matter? Yes. It is important to legal aspirants, coaching institutes, and first-year law students. It matters because higher ranks equal higher quality students, higher quality graduates, which in turn equals to higher employment and better industry repute. And, although it is unfortunate, Jindal is not entirely to blame for its aggressive marketing aimed at exploiting the existing system to lure in better quality of students. What's unfortunate is that older law students who are aware of how erroneous these rankings are and how they provoke a toxic culture among new law students not only choose to ignore it, but actually promote it by engaging in such discussions.

Even after one of the most inaccurate rankings last year, many are too preoccupied in the comments section expecting Jindal's ranking instead of calling the rankings out. Even if you’re a passionate Jindal cynic/hater, these rankings will never be in your favour. If an NLU places 50 students in a tier 1 law firm, it would not be able to market it as efficiently as Jindal would, (if it achieves the same feat) with all the capital at its disposal. Hence, even if you come from a place of hatred and not concern, it is in your best interest to invalidate these rankings when you see them.
Quote:
LI is full of people stating "no one cares about Jindal," which may be true, yet deliberations about and/or slamming Jindal are always prevalent and trending at LI
Considering the insane way in which JGLS keeps on increasing its batch sizes & taking every other applicant, this is nothing strange - too many JGLS first years are on LI with nothing to do at their hands. πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ
Yeah obviously, students of JGLS would come to LI and start threads like these (https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/208818-What-do-students-from-JGLS-do-after-law-school-). Your obsession is visible, any attempt to hide that is futile tbh.
For one such thread, there are many full of Jindal PR (and earlier ones containing blatant lies and misrepresentation by even their official).
Let me see. Rankings do not concern you, but you still write a page long comment about those, while bashing others who also comment saying that rankings are useless. Yep, seems logical.
1) You didn’t get the point, either I framed the entire thing poorly or you have poor cognitive ability, it has to be either of the two.

2) I can type fast, so with the subtle jibe, do not act like you’re the person with no time at hand because you’re also strolling in a random thread about a university that you do not study in, 3 days after it was posted. Don’t act cool with the β€œpage long comment” remark.

3) I wrote a larger comment assuming people with poor cognitive abilities would be able to comprehend the issue at hand, but alas.
From the way you dodged the actual point made against your comment, your intentions are fairly transparent for all to see.
Imagine the meltdown from NLU people if Jindal debuts in the top 5 in NIRF.
Nobody still cares. Obscure private universities are making the cut too these days. NLSIU isn't NLSIU because it's NIRF rank one. It's the other way around.
Imagine the meltdown from Jindal people if Jindal fails to secure rank one in NIRF. They have been shouting themselves hoarse about being the best law school in the country since 2011, including how their QS rank makes them a 'class apart'. After all that, small NLUs with a fraction of their budget and resources ranking above them is going to hurt a lot. Which is why they haven't participated in NIRF till date.
JGLS haters are missing a simple point. If JGLS makes an impressive debut in NIRF, it will automatically attract better cohort of students. Remember that there are very few merit seats in NLUs. Most are now reserved for either SC/ST/OBC/NRI/Foreign/EWS.
There is no 'merit' seat in JGLS at all. Anybody who can pay gets through eventually. People don't look up NIRF to give LSAT.
You clearly are lacking any knowledge about the subject you're commenting upon
I have confirmed from a senior professor that JGLS is participating in NIRF this year. The college is hoping for a rank of 2, behind NLSIU, but a more realistic target is 4 (behind NLSIU, NLUD and NALSAR). The professor said that the college is pretty confident of the 4th rank and it will help the marketing team if JGLS gets this rank, since currently many students choose top 10 NLUs over JGLS.

Thus, "Lock kiya jaye" that JGLS is entering the NIRF Royal Rumble!!
Nobody whose opinion is worth anything cares about NIRF. Certainly not anyone outside LI.
Update: Data submission for NIRF has now been closed. JGLS and HNLU are the new institutions participating this year who did not participate in previous years. The next step will be data analysis and computation of scores, which should take about 3 months or so. So by June the results should be out.
JGLS should comfortably make it to top 5 if not top 3. The metrics are like that, which can be hacked pretty easily. Not that any of these rankings matter in my opinion, but if some NLUs can flex their NIRF ranks, then there is no reason why JGLS cannot be allowed to do so either.
NLSIU>JGLS>NLUD>NALSAR>GNLU>NUJS>NLUJ>RGNUL>NLIU>RMLNLU

This will be the top 10 ranking IMO.
Yes, because it did not participate. Come on, the link to the list of participating institutions is literally there on the ranking page you cite.
I heard jindal will not participate in any Indian ranking but only international rankings like QS and Times higher education.
A 11-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.