Read 3 comments as:
Filter By
https://www.news18.com/news/india/coronavirus-live-updates-india-uk-new-variant-europe-expand-booster-shots-amid-surge-livenews-4487957.html

A new 'heavily mutated' variant of COVID, apparently originating from an HIV AIDS infected person (possibly acquired similar mutation - though WHO says it may take several weeks to confirm this) has increased the number of cases is South Africa by more than 10 times overnight (from 1000-2000 cases a day to 18000+).

Internationally, countries are on panic mode, shutting down borders - stock markets have crashed across the globe today. It's March 2020/March 2021 all over again.

While cases haven't reached India yet, they soon will inevitably. Does this foreshadow another long lockdown? More than lockdown, I'm plain worried about the virus itself. They say the mutation the worse than delta and vaccine resistant. Delta killed lakhs of people and everyone of us has lost somebody we've known. Will it be that all over again? If it is, I'll just kill myself.