Read 28 comments as:
Filter By
Top 5 from India:

Rank 27 IIT Delhi
Rank 61 IISc Bangalore
Rank 97 IIT-Bombay
Rank 162 IIM Ahmedabad
Rank 170 IIT Kharagpur

Unfortunately, no NLUs made it. Jindal neither.
LOL. The last on this list is IIT Kharagpur. If you think even Law School is better than IIT Kharagpur, may the world be kinder to you.
These rankings are sent to employers and they are asked to put in their top choices for hiring. I know this because my Dad has been asked 2-3 times to fill it up. My Dad is an IITian so he tends to put IITs in the list. Lawyers will never get to take part in this unless someplace like Jindal who is trying to crack these rankings submit a list of law firms/legal organizations so yes the results will be skewed towards IIT/IIM/IISc etc.
Featured comment, because it means international rankings do try and rank objectively, unlike in NIRF.
This comment (#3) is an an apt response to the ever-so-often asked questions like "why don't the world bow down to NLU students?"

The answer is that most of us don't live in the real world. An comment #3 is an illustration of this fact. I work in Patents in the US and we regularly hire a couple of expert analysts/consultants on patent matters. Both of these guys are alumni of IISc, Bangalore - an institution which has been a giant in Indian education excellence for decades.

PS: I went to the law school in a time when we - law students - did not possess this unending confidence of being better than all other fields of education chosen by our peers.
IISc Bangalore's majority offerings are in Masters. They are employable in any research based industry upon their graduation.
However, these 'kids' have long term perspective and a purpose of their life. Majority of them want to contribute to the growth of science and ready to spend their entire life in the pursuit of a seemingly trivial scientific issue rather than becoming a corporate slave.
Employability and campus placement are two different things that you seem to be conflating. IISC grads can get plenty of good jobs on graduation. Majority of them opt for higher studies. Any recruiter in the field will usually prefer an IISC grad over others. I know because there are two such recruiters in my extended family.
Haan bhaiya/didi, there is a difference between employability and placements. These guys do not want to sit for placements.
Lmao. I can only laugh at your delusion. What kind of bubble you live in? Holy fuck.
Sure. Companies looking to hire lawyers will go to IIT. Atleast compare apples to apples
Tbh nobody gives a rat's as about NLUs / Jindal other than the jobless randos on this page
I disagree with comment 2 that IIT KGP is better than Law School. KGP is mainly known for computer science, mechanical, aerospace, electronics etc. If a person gets a stream like agriculture, metallurgy, mining, rubber technology etc at KGP verses a seat in Law School, then I fell he will probably choose Law School. Remember also that Bangalore is a proper city whereas KGP is basically a village.

Also, Law School is starting a 3 year LLB, which means people who appear for the KGP law school entrance test will also appear for the Law School entrance test. I guarantee you that none will choose KGP over Law School.

So in conclusion maybe IITD and IITB are better than Law School, but I feel that Law School is better than or at lest equal to IIT KGP.
Kharagpur is a much more vibrant place than Nagarbhavi will ever be. Moreover, people getting good degrees from IIT KGP in the streams that you mentioned so disdainfully, will be much better placed than NLSIU grads in terms of career. In no parameter at all does any NLU even begin to match IIT KGP (not its law school). Some of the faculty there have got more prestigious global publications than all the NLSIU faculty combined. People all over the world know about the institution and its academic culture. Compared to that, NLSIU managed to recruit recently after a whole decade. Half of their faculty are at loggerheads with their VC, who comes up with random ideas like sudden entrance exams or teaching schoolchildren to get funds. NLUs should first aim to get proper national recognition from the government and financial self sufficiency. After that they can aim for international recognition and then try to compete with the IITs, who have done all those years back.
I had a very vibrant life at Nagarbhavi, thank you. Not the backwater you think it is.
Never said it's a backwater. But people living or not living there shouldn't assume other places are, either.
I've been to Kharagpur and Nagarbhavi both. I'd prefer the first over the second any day to stay in for any considerable length of time.
IISC is very reputable, hard to get in and graduate out of and consistently for decades and has excellent research, deep tech and respect among anyone who knows the world.
FYI Sundar Pichai is an IIT KGP metallurgy grad, Vinod Gupta is an IIT KGP agriculture grad.
Prestige ranking in the view of the average Indian public:

1. IIM Ahmedabad
2. IIT Bombay
3. IIT Delhi
4. IIM Bangalore
5. AIIMS Delhi
6. IISC Bangalore
7. NLSIU Bangalore
8. IIM Calcutta
9. IIT Madras
10. IIT Khargapur
Average Indian public hasn't heard of NLSIU. In fact, they will lol at school and university being used in the same breath to describe a place. IIMC, IIT KGP are so many miles ahead that Sudhir will need a telescope from ISRO to spot them from his kitchen at Nagarbhavi, where the prestige pressure cooker whistles in the background.
Cute how you included NLSIU in that list and thought everyone would buy it. :p FYI, the order is also completely wrong. No one prefers IIMs over IITs.
NLSIU Bangalore above IIM-C, IIT-Madras, and IIT-KGP? Kaun sa maal phoonk rahe ho bhai?
NLSIU over IIM C, IIT M and IIT Kgp? Are you sane bro/sis? Because no sane person could think this way. NLSIU is no doubt a good institution but ask any average Indian joe about IIM C or IIT M/Kgp and see their reaction, on the other hand people from outside the legal circle would have hardly ever heard of it.
bhai iss page se bahar jake kisi ko convince karne jayega to leave IIM C, IIT K, IIT M for some law college (yes, that's how the average Indian would perceive any law college, including NLS), toh wo tere upar kutte chod dega. delusional hone ke bhi haad hoti hai. and this I say as an NLS alum myself