Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
I'm a final year law student from a non-NLU. I had applied for an internship with the GC team of KCO for December. But I got a PPO from the Trilegal GC team last week. I'm not sure if I should still intern with KCO now, or skip it, as this was an assessment internship and someone else might need that chance/opportunity. Although this might burn my bridges with KCO, given the last minute dropout. Moreover, will Trilegal have a problem with me interning with KCO now that I've taken up their offer. And is there any networking advantages to still interning?
Skip it (i.e inform the HR that you have accepted an offer elsewhere). Do not make the colossal mistake of turning up to KCO after being hired by Tri - do this only if you plan to refuse the tri offer and instead give KCO a shot.
Skip it. Afaik Trilegal (and some other T1s as well) has a policy that you canโ€™t intern anywhere else without the permission of the firm, it should be there in your PPO letter if youโ€™ve received it. Thereโ€™s some exceptions for things like litigation chambers iirc, but that obviously wouldnโ€™t apply here. Just tell the KCo HR youโ€™re sorry for the last minute cancellation but that you just got your PPO and that youโ€™re now not allowed to intern
1. Trilegal won't have a problem with you interning elsewhere if the PPO is for 22/23

2. You might piss off the HR but you certainly won't be burning bridges with KCO if you decide to cancel.

3. You should take all your internships seriously, you never know who might notice or like your work and refer you. You'll be missing out on opportunities if you're complacent in one internship just because you've a PPO. Moreover the law firm world is a small world, why risking getting a bad name, unnecessarily?
May ask how did you score a ppo as a non-nlu student? As someone who is studying in a private college too , would be very helpful to know some tips for the same