Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Now, a law graduate from India who is offered a training contract by HSF/Links/A&O will have to study for about 20 months followed by 2 years of Training to become an Associates. Is it worth it? Or are we better off aiming for a tier 1 law firm in India?
what is the source of the information?

the 2 years qualifying work experience is very similar to the erstwhile training contract part of LPC, for fresh foreign graduates functionally nothing has changed

https://www.law.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/sqe/
For the nth time, they would not have to study for 20 months. They only need to complete SQE Part 1 before joining, which too the firms are quite chill about. SQE Part II can be taken once you are through your TC.
As chandler said, my wallet is so small for my fifties and my diamond shoes are too tight!
worth it or not, the competition is going to remain the same and if you look at the broader picture, I think it's about the learning curve + the quality of life . Yahan nahi milega truth be told.
20 mahine ka period hee to extra hai bhai/behen. are you really saying ki bas iss period ki vajeh se TCs are losing their charm? Plus if you don't have the finances, be happy that they're helping you prepare for the SQE. coaching aur living expenses sab vo dete hain, padh lio thoda aur yaar. Dual qualification is a great flex and even if you want to come back to India to litigate, it will act as a signalling effect. Plus quality of life + interacting with a diverse set of people is something that is impossible to gain here. I would highly recommend that you should apply for it.
If you work at Links or Freshfields or any equivalent, you'll be working on the world's biggest transactions led by some of the best lawyers of their generation. Nothing here compares to this level of exposure and training rigour.
If you want to be a local Lower Parel jugaadu babu all your life stay put. If not, bounce outta here.