Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
I sat for an Associate interview with GC Partner and HR of a tier 1 law firm. It didn't go as well as my expectations (had prepped like hell for it). A couple of the technical questions were difficult since I have only litigation experience. But overall I think I made an impression of "doesn't know much but will learn". They said they will have an internal discussion and then get back "if they have a suitable role for me". It's been 2 weeks since and I haven't from them yet. Should I continue waiting? I have another offer which is nowhere as good (pay is peanuts) and has a notice period of 2 months. I'm worried that if I take it up and then get a callback, they won't be excited about waiting 2 months for me. Also, I am a non-NLU grad so opportunities like these don't (and won't) come my way every day. What is the callback period for tier 1 law firms? Should I wait or move on?
I think two weeks is enough time, you should move on and take this up. Have you tried reaching out to the HR and asked for an update. PS if they're ignoring your calls or are deflecting, then take the hint.
Not OP, but related question,

How many days after an interview should I follow up with an HR?