Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
How is the work culture, pay and experience in a super small law firm - where the only fee earner who probably would be an ex-partner at a Big Law Firm/Corporate House?

Eg. JoyceLaw, Thinking Law, Sumanto Basu Associates, Ronin Legal etc?

Or any others.

Is there any point in interning at these places - chances of a callback or PPO?
Small places, especially those who offer good pay and better work-life, are usually ultra-competitive for freshers (rare openings and high number of applicants). You need a connect to actually make it in most cases.

If the pay is not good, the competition automatically diffuses and if you convince with passion and merit about your enthusiasm of the practice, people are always approachable.

If you are a good law school graduate, tier 1, 2, etc. Small places are prejudiced against you as it is usually difficult to retain such graduates.
Highly relate to the above comment. I come from a T1 NLU and I wanted to get an assessment offer at a lesser known boutique in Delhi which did EXACTLY those very specific type of cases which I enjoyed.

The (only famous) Partner outright told me that he had bad experiences with my alumni in the past, and was therefore reluctant to give me the offer.

Eventually, his reluctance made sense to me as well since I got much higher-paying opportunities and went for them instead.
> Small places, especially those who offer good pay and better work-life, are usually ultra-competitive for freshers (rare openings and high number of applicants).

What are some of these places?