Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
Hey, so I was reading this thread -

https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/185610-List-of-self-made-advocates-who-made-it-big-in-litigation-

And the last comment on the thread seemed very depressing.

Between Litigating and working as a part of a law firm, I favour litigation. Even among my peers, my knowledge pertaining to procedural laws is far better, I do good in both corporate and procedural but find procedural more intellectually stimulating (apart from IPR). I have been strongly considering going for litigation post graduating; however, I don't have any legal background, but I do come from T1 institute with a lot of alumni in litigation who are doing very well.

I don't have any financial responsibilities per se, nor do I require immediate success. Is it truly that hard to make it as an arguing counsel? And by making it I don't mean earning 50L-1Cr in a month, I'll be happy with earning that much in a year as well, I just want a sense of achievement and challenge which provides me with a stable income source 7-10 years down the line. Becoming a senior designate doesn't matter, but litigation is something I admire and I don't want to let go of it just because there might be people better placed than you; however, I also want a decent income out of it, and as stated above decent means that by the time I have additional financial responsibilities (the 30s, 40s, 50s) I can make 50L to 1Cr/annum or at least have a chance to (I can always move back to a disputes team in a firm).