Read 30 comments as:
Filter By
It's a proud moment for GNLU and India. Dr. Patel got more votes than candidates of China & Japan. Shame on GNLU students who protested against this highly eminent legal luminary. Kudos to Dr. Patel.
Thank God the luminary is finally illuminating others. GNLU has been benefited. The new VC is hundreds of times better, and actually knows how to run a law school for a change.
Truly grateful that his eminent luminance has been packed off overseas to rescue the ILC or whatever. I spent one year in GNLU under him and unsuccessfully re-wrote the CLAT just to get away. I'm almost done with Uni now but thank heavens for the new Director who's everything Bimal wasn't.
Just find out who is BimPa's wife and you'll understand the support he gets from the Government of India (which nominated him for this election) in such matters. Not a matter of being a luminary, just someone with the right connection (singular).
BTW, 11 people were nominated by Asia-Pacific states for 8 posts. Anyhow, these elections are realpolitik and selections are not based on any merits/scholarship of the person elected. I wonder why BimPa keeps getting his minions to big himself on this website which should be far in the past for him. Just a small man I guess.
Still more people know of the likes of Menon, Chimni and MP Singh globally.
Tight slap to both LI and BB, which did a series of negative stories against him.
How so? He's still a lousy law school VC. If he is a good diplomat, then he should have stuck to that only.
He's not a good diplomat! Where did you get that idea? He was elected as one of eight from a total group of 11. It was India's diplomatic relative strength that got that seat. Nothing to do with BimPa on the international realpolitik plane.

BimPa did have to work some magic. That was on the domestic plane, i.e., getting India's nomination. For that he married right. As I previously pointed out, find out who he is married to and you'll get the answer for the exalted position with senior BJP leadership. Hint: He isn't married to a present-day politician's family, but someone very important from the past.
As per Raksha University website, he's married to Mrs. Rupal Patel. When I typed this name on google, it only showed name of TV actress Rupal Patel, who has nothing to do with BimPa. It would be great if you can share some links/info on wife of BimPa.
On the same day Justice Sanjib Banerjee got demoted by Modi to Meghalaya Bimpa got promoted to ILC. What next, Manan Mishra or Gaurav Bhatia as ICJ judge?
I'm sure many advocates would love to sponsor sending Manan Mishra to ICJ just so he would stop messing up BCI for us
I assume you incorrectly said "demoted by Modi" instead of "demoted by Hon'ble CJI Ramana and the boys at Collegium, over two months ago before the resolution was even published" rather than Modi, right? Surely, you must have read the Second Judges, Third Judges and the NJAC Cases, right?

If you have, you'd know that the SC Collegium of senior-most three judges makes the "binding" recommendations of transfers intra-High Courts. Because, there's nothing more removed further from truth than ignorance and silent acceptance. :)
And what luminous achievements does he have? Compare that to people like:

Prof. Phoebe Okowa (Kenya), NilΓΌfer Oral (Turkey), Dapo Akande (UK), August Reinisch (Austria) etc. who are literally the authorities in their respective fields, and you will get why the election of BimPa is a joke and only because of India's diplomatic might. Take your time and go through the CV of the above - they are available on the ILC page on the results of the election.
He was a librarian at the Hague and does not have an LLB degree. Let that sink in.
Jay Shah tweeted: Congratulations Prof.(Dr) Bimal Patel. I still remember your inspirational inaugural lecture during the short course on India and it’s neighbourhood at
@RakshaUni

https://twitter.com/jayshahIN/status/1460562477826011141
A proud moment for India and Shri Modiji for successfully winning diplomatic battle in ensuring win of India's member in ILC.