Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
Is it a good idea to pursue an MBA from the UK US after 4 years work ex in the law firm? I am looking at it primarily from employability abroad perspective?
Would it be possible to secure a job i.e 100k USD job? Would we be at a major disadvantage? My CV isn't particularly impressive but its not bad either. Decent grades, T1 college, T1 (doubtful about that rn) law firm...
I guess I can work towards a 700 plus GMAT score.
What would be the tuition like? And scholarship?
I don't think T1 has anything to do with it. I have seen some grads from Savitra Phule, GLC, and CLC on Linkedin with top tier foreign MBAs. That's not a concern.
If you can get into m7. You’ll get a 150k usd salary pre tax. Consulting will be 180 and banking 250+.
You will get a job.

But you won't be able to work. LOL

Have you heard about Work Permits, H1B etc?
(. .)

Haven't heard about H1B, Greencard 150 years backlog etc?

I am sorry for being frustrated.

Doing an LLM/MBA/MS in the US absolutely doesn't make any sense if you want to work in the US.

OPT is for 2 years-so you maybe able to repay the loan. You don't have any chance of getting H1B - it's very less.

Trump and Fascist Party will again come to power in the future. Even OPT visas maybe cancelled.

Even UK makes sense - after Brexit they became pro skilled/wealthy immigrants (especially wealthy students getting PR)

US-Don't wate a rupee.

Era of migrating to US is over.

American Universities are desperately advertising MBA/LLM seats even in small town colleges. That's how desperate they are.

Are there jobs in the US?

YES. ABSOLUTELY. There are 10 times more highly paid jobs in the US than any other western nation.

Employers can't even find qualified workers.

But will you get the job? NO

Immigration / Work Permits are tough if not impossible.
Does anyone have a clue what they look for in accepting people into their MBA programs?
Work ex, undergrad grades, GMAT and the interviews and sop are really important. It also helps to have some sort of hobby and being good at it.

Other small little things can be good for you like some international scholarship, A prestigious foreign LL.M or even knowing a 3rd language. These things can be helpful for you when they will be considering similar applicants.

Also showing growth at your job is a good thing. You can give me an anonymous email id if you have any more questions.

I went to a tier 2 NLU and got accepted at Tuck, Sloan and Kellogg recently
US MBA?

Even if you have CGPA of 4/10 you will get to US. These days nobody goes there - Especially international students who used to occupy a lot of seats.

Same for US LLM, it has become less competitive.
The saddening downfall of NLIU. Once upon a time it used to be in top 3. It will always be T1 though.
NLIU only used to be in the top 3 during the short period of time when there used to be only 3 NLUs in the whole country.
Bro jaa hi raha hai to jaane se pahle apni company me internship lagwa diyo