Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
I've often seen LI being extremely biased in determining tier-2 status of these sets of NLUs. It's almost always either of these sets that make the cut. Sometimes DSNLU never even gets a mention. I personally find that te be very arbitrary. I find all of them to be having decent facilities but each with their own flaws. But having a more than decent alumni base, decent infrastructure and a decent education system. It's insulting to see MNLU get a mention as a tier 2 when they don't have even half the facilities that these places have other than its location being in Mumbai. Moreover the division between these two sets depends on who is writing the ranking. A South Indian would rank set 1 higher compared to a North Indian just because of geographical proximity.

Can we all acknowledge the subjectivity of these factors and stop passing conclusive rankings?
From all discussions so far I've seen, it's pretty clear. HNLU lies in between Tier 1 and 2. They place 35-30/180 students including Tier 2 placements. Anything below that, DSN, RML, RGN, NUALS all have pathetic placement scenes and many don't even release stats. NLUO is trying to improve but time will tell. MNLU along with all other NLUS is tier 3. Most private colleges including Jindal can be anything between Tier 2 or 3 depending on what a student decides to do because a person has more flexibility there than in an NLU where curriculum is hectic af. Bottom line -NUJS/GNLU/NLIU ke baad bhagvan bharose mamla chahe south ko ya north.
For the last time. Placements are not the sole criterion of whether a university is good or bad. Do you realise there are almost 40 percent of people in any batch in any University who don't give a damn about placements or corporate law?
Lmao some HNLU first year trying push around HNLU to tier 1 by shitting on other NLUs
Lol you are definitely from RML/RG. You guys are the most insecure with your grand conspiracy theories. Newsflash: No one is trying to push HNLU to Tier I, we know our limitations, unlike you guys. "Shitting on other NLUs" because the facts hit too close to home and made you uncomfortable? Well, guess what, take your single-digit placements and cry me a river.
Tu bana de mere (...), LI par hi bas cool act kar sakta hai. Saamne dikhna kabhi
Batch size and the number of people sitting for placements must be taken into consideration when you judge a college only on the basis of placements(I don't believe personally that placements and NIRF rankings r only the criterion).Take the case of Nuals,I felt its not getting the image it requires bcoz its in south I have a friend of mine studying there,from what I heard from her it has decent placements and good alumni base,the mooting culture is also notable.just bcoz clg don't release report doesn't mean tht the college s placement is pathetic.Nuals placement report of 2020 is available in bar and bench,though placements improved after tht still if u go through it u can understand tht from a batch of 65 students 31 got placed which is more than 50%.
DSNLU just exists. Hasn't done anything in the last 8 years to deserve a mention in anything, really.
I can see why this comment could rub people the wrong way - particularly DSN students & alumni. But... where's the lie?
I can see why that comment exists, because no NLU has (respectable) placements after HNLU. At least to me, as an outsider, the problematic part of that comment is that it kind of insinuates that DSNLU students/alumni vanish into thin air somehow by virtue of having joined that NLU.

Like all other similarly placed NLUs, e.g., RGN, RML, NUSRL, NLUJAA etc., DSNLU also has alumni in Tier I firms, foreign firms, have done foreign LL.M.s etc.. Just a search on LinkedIn can show that (yes, I actually did it; guess I am quite vella). So, the assertion that somehow DSNLU people have done nothing in life is problematic indeed. Sure, it needs to go a long way but one should not belittle young NLUs like this, no matter whether it be CNLU, NUSRL or DSNLU (looking at the NIRF thread on LI).
All this simping about MNLU broke down in the threads posted in the past couple of days, and yet somehow MNLU continues to be Tier II on LI.

Truth is, no matter what criteria ones sets, it will be completely arbitrary (re: questionability of NIRF and also Jindal being in QS). The tiers in themselves make zero sense or have zero purpose other than perpetuating some perverse perception of grandeur that, to be honest, not even NLSIU has compared to IIT-B, IIM-A, or even NID-A.
NUALS and NLUO still get some of their students placed, so it is much better than other NLUs. In my opinion, one should not choose anything beyond NUALS since it would be a very risky thing to do. HNLU is good, just behind NLIU. Now choosing NLUs like RG and RML would once again be a risky choice.
Nluo

Hnlu

Rml

Rgnul

Nuals

Mnlu m

Dsnlu

Just ask 2023 batch of each uni for their placement stat and you'll see this list or wait for 6 months to find exactly what I said now
MNLU Mumbai has had worse placements than even NLUJAA Assam, so quit your bullshit.