Read 117 comments as:
Filter By
Which watch(es) do you wear daily? Why so? How's your experience?

I'll start: HMT Janata (a devnagari one) when I'm in office / meeting clients. Casio AE-1200WH when I'm running around in courts. Orient Bambino when I've to dress up for work related things.
With the number of roles you suggested, I rather have you wear an omnitrix!!
For a watch that costs almost as much a I make in a year it sure looks like a toy that will go unnoticed by most. If I ever splurge that much on a watch I'm going to make sure it's the size of a dinner plate.
Lots in the box - but now wearing any on a regular basis, thanks to WFH
Tag Heuer. I regret the decision now because I didn't know that automatic is the real deal. I was flashing my quartz Tag for year's to show my friends/ colleagues that I'd made it. I only understood the blunder many years after people smirked and laughed at me behind my back.

Does someone have a jugaad at Rolex - for a discount?
Lol discount at Rolex? You need jugaad to even get one in under a year now.
Point of watches is that you enjoy it. Screw what other people think, you'll never please them all. Please continue wearing your Tag or a Mickey Mouse Timex if that gives you happiness.

Also maybe it's not best idea get a flashy Rolex as your first automatic because it screams new money. Try out something more understated like Grand Seiko or Nomos. But hey, if you think you'll enjoy the Rolex more, go for it.
Strong No for a Nomos. You're better off buying a proper time-piece like Frederique Constant or Longines than paying 1.7-2L for just a printed dial and an in-house movement. You could also check out microbrands like Oak and Oscar. If you want to do a watch-insider thing then you can wear an Amphibian or Hamilton.
I fail to see how Frederique Constant or Longines is superior than Nomos in any particular way. That's just matter of preference.

Please don't pay INR 2 lakh for Nomos. You can pick up one for EUR 1000-1500 on a foreign trip. Unlike Rolexes, they sell fairly below MSRP most of the time so negotiate.
Bang on !! Wear a watch which you enjoy :). Not many people are aware of Grand Seikos and the value they hold along with its precision. Nomos is subtle and punches way above it weight. As they say a watch aficionado will always identify a good watch :)
New Money?
Only people who use this term are the one aspiring to make a lot of money or are just jealous of the other person making money. You really think that somebody with money cares that it is old or new?

These terms like nepo or new money are just used by people are just jealous and probably unsuccessful. Life is unfair get used to it.
Casio F91-W. GOAT watch.

Also since my mickey mouse firm doesn't pay a lot so can't afford anything else.
F91 W is legend. Have seen Virat, Shreyas Iyer and many celebrities wearing it.
I am a watch enthusiast so I made a big Swiss luxury watch purchase recently. Otherwise keep a smartwatch for casual use, and a few beater automatics (HMTs and other lesser known brands, a few Russian ones). Have a few quartz from pre-watch obsession days.
IWC Ingeneur IW380801 - Can't afford to buy such an expensive watch. Helped a client's kid get admitted into the college of his choice by filing a writ against CBSE and getting access to his transcripts in time. I was doing it for a small amount of money, when I was able to deliver on time, he also gave me the watch as a token of his appreciation.
Honest question: why do you wear a wristwatch at home? Is it habit, or do you find it more convenient than a wall clock, or something else?
My first big splurge was the Omega Speedmaster. Going on 5 years now, I love it. My next acquisition target is the entry-level Explorer. My watch guru is a Deep Sea and Submariner (Hulk) nut, but I haven't reached that level of collection capabilities yet. Of course, I know I would have made it when I can get my own Nautilus.
Rado Centrix Black for conferences, seminars and BD meetings
Seiko Prestage for daily wear
Casio Edifice for home wear/playing tennis
Should I buy a steinhart GMT 500, or will I look like I'm wearing a knock-off BLNR?
If you like the watch go for it. You wear a watch to make you feel good and that's what all watch collectors do and advice. If a person knows about watches, they would identify it. Most wear a watch to show off and they know little about what's going on inside. The movement, the materials, the craftsmanship etc. Steinhart is good, though German but its Swiss made (though you can write swiss made even if you are using few swiss components). Using a reliable ETA 2893 movement and it will give you around 40-45 hour power reserve. The ceramic bezel is very shiny and therefore would advice you not to wear into meetings which has over head lights, it will sparkle. Since, you are looking for dive watches you may also have a look at Seiko SPB143, SPB079, SPB103 (sumo). You may feel its a Seiko and its not Swiss made. Seiko commands a huge respect in the watch world due to the value and the craftsmanship they consistently delivers.
Fastrack usually and when I am out I wear a Titan White Dial (Average college student). Tum log 2 lakh ke salary mey 1 lakh ka watch kese afford kar rhe ho bey?
Didn't see too many Rolex/ Ulysses Nardin/ Panerai models mentioned. Are they over rated? One of our partners rocks it and carries it with much style and class! :) Actually he is quite a style aficionado- shirts, cufflinks, suits, shoes. Wonder what they get paid.
Rolex can be very legit. Every serious collector should have a few. But their dress watches (Cellini) are overrated. The submariner and the perpetual datejust are all time classics. Air King, Deep Sea and such are novelty watches, though well built.
Why buy a watch, when your clients, seniors and management constantly send you reminders of what time it is and how the deadline will be missed. Amateurs!
Movado Blue Round Analog. Simplistic, yet classy. Also the go-to brand of my favorite leader Kim Jong-Un.
FP Journe is ok, I guess.

A very questionable choice though. Its like buying a Citroen Aircross. Like plenty of more mainstream ways to spend your money, and ones that have much more bragging rights.
It's not even a particularly interesting watch either.
1. A Rotary Skeleton Analogue or a vintage Enicar automatic for everyday use
2. A Fitbit 2 in the gym
3. A Casio ProTrek when in the great outdoors
4. A 1971 Omega Seamaster for really special occasions
If I may ask, where did you get the 71 Speedmaster? A reliable one of that vintage will cost a fortune, unless its a family heirloom?
Tissot PRS 516 Automatic (with leather/steel strap) - Mainly because of its interesting skeleton case back.
Citizen Eco-Drive with a steel strap for casual day to day wear.
I wear one. But, it stopped working long back. I still wear it since it looks ultra stylish. People ask me about the price and are left speechless when I tell them it stopped functioning four years back ! Its indeed an expensive watch, believe me.
I don't understand the differences between these different watches and the hype around them. I'm honestly satisfied with my FitBit which looks really cool. Why in the world do people splurge lakhs of rupees on watches? I personally don't like spending so much on these things.

I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this way.
As a guy, watches are one of the very few ways of expression in clothing. There's that and colourful socks. Every guy looks more or less the same in white shirt and black/grey/blue trousers. So I personally like wearing something quirky and offbeat to avoid feeling like wet cardboard personality corporate drone. It's also a conversation starter.

[Of course I wouldn't wear the Oyster Perpetuals and Seamasters because that just looks like the uniform. I'd rather spend same money on some bright orange Grand Seiko. ]
Cerruti 1881

I lost it somewhere. Never bothered to buy one again. I don't remember the exact model type.
I dont, i dont care about the time, watches are a capitalist manipulation
lol and u r saving productive time by writing ridiculous comments here?
HonorBand 6
Tells me time, and tracks my sleep, movement, heart rate, runs and stress levels. Reminds me to stay hydrated and take breaks. Comparatively accurate.
Cheap as fuck.
This conversation is not by an insecure attention-hungry validation seeking person, trying to show off their watches.
Please stop spreading hate.
Banglur laa shop laayers wear boat or noise watches showing off as apple watch
Patek, AP, rolex, for business days, Richard Millie, during tennis, Frank mueller, Fredrique Constant, IWC, jaeger lecoultre during sex
He'd have used an egg timer but difficult to strap that to your person.
IWC is way better to wear during sex. Jaeger LeCoultre is for nouveu riche types. You know, johnnies who come lately?
Casio A158
Seiko SRPD63K1
Timex Weekender
Timex Q Re-issue
Grandfather's good old Citizen automatic.
I wear a 1st copy of G-Shock or Casio daily (500 to 1000 rs). For formal occasions, a Fossil watch of around 15,000 rs.
Tag Heuer Carrera
Longines
Rado
Frederique Constant
Seiko
Apple Watch (workouts and such)
Apple watch silver color. I use the fitness tracker regularly and like the option to change watch faces with clothes and occasion. Was initially planning to get an expensive swiss watch, but practicality trumped conspicuous consumption
Frederique Constant Manufacture Highlife Worldtimer (Blue). All of that IPO bonuses in shambles:/
You law firm bros are fucked up. A person's worth is decided by their watch in your view and you think an expensive strip of metal is a ▮▮▮ magnet. Lesson: Girls don't give a F about the watch you wear.
I recently bought a Richard Mille RM 19-02 Tourbillon Fleur. I like it so much. Now my partner thinks I'm rich while I just got it as dowry from my father in law.
Titan Maritime Series NN1830KL02/NR1830KL02
Aviator F Series Chronograph avw7770g116
Fossil Grant Chronograph

Casio G Shock GA-100 (Casual Wear)

Titan HTSE 1573KL02

Sekonda 3847 Chronograph
I toh wear 3k because lower middle class have different problem rather wearing rolex or other fancy watch
18th century ki old edition maa ki ghadi (3 idiots wali).

Launda hu fir bhi.
Can anyone tell me how Swatch watches are perceived in law firms? For example, they have some watches that look like kiddie watches, but cost 40,000. Will it be considered edgy to wear them? What about their regular-looking watches? Or should I stick to Fossil or Tissot?
Stick to Tissot (not Fossil), unless it is swatch x omega or a swatch x blancpain