Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
Hi, I have been following some threads here, one of which is about PPOs and Day Zero of 2023 batch. I am a 2022 batch student and haven't been able to secure a job while my peers have already been or are currently being placed. I am getting extreme anxiety which is clearly affecting my mind. I am losing hope and I can't seem to focus on anything at all. The mental pressure debilitates my thinking capacity to the extent that I stare blankly at desktop wallpaper of my laptop for God knows how long and keep on refreshing Gmail in the hopes of any response from firm. I have many family responsibilities and my parents are dependent on me. I haven't yet told them about this career crisis in my life as it just breaks my heart to even imagine how concerned and sad they would feel on hearing this.

Please, can you share information about T1, T2 and T3 firms still hiring from 2022 batch? SAM, CAM, KCO, AZB, JSA, Trilegal, S&R, TT&A, IndusLaw, Samvad and other firms not explicitly mentioned here.

Suggestions for Companies for In-house role would be great too.

Please do not judge me or write snide comments. Any help would be of great value to me.

Please?

Thank you.
I understand that by this time, getting a direct recruitment opportunity is difficult, however, you may consider applying to firms which hire exclusively through PPOs. For instance, you may consider applying to JSA Bangalore (Vivek Chandy's team - I had interned there and found that the team actively recruits freshers). Alternatively, consider applying to newly-minted firms/smaller setups such as Rajaram; Anagram Partners; Saraf & partners etc..

Also, you may also apply for jobs directly through the Higher Knowledge Portal. There is a separate tab for recruitments within which, you'd find several firms having vacancies for A0s. However, before submitting any assignments, I'd suggest that you seek a clarification from the firm's HR/an associate working there concerning the vacancy listed on the portal.
Hi dude - firms keep hiring throughout the year. I've seen people apply in June 2021, and still get jobs (2021 batch). Don't be disheartened by what's happening around you.

What I've seen is that your COMMUNICATION skills play a huge role when it comes to all this.

Here's what you need to do:

a) Draft your CV properly - just no mistakes there;
b) A proper cover letter - make sure it's practice area-specific, that will help;
c) Cold-email seniors/partners in the firm expressing to them your intention to work there. If they like your profile they will give you an interview. Please please don't spam them;
d) Be open to a non-legal role too and I mean it. Check out LinkedIn and other sources - ample opportunities where only a 'graduation degree' is required (of course, if you want to shift to a non-legal role, that is).

I am just a student but these strategies have helped me secure International and Indian opportunities. Seniors - feel free to correct me :)

All the best buddy!
Kaisi baat kar rahe aap, Janaab! Lagni to hai hi. 2022 mein graduate karna hai. 2023 mein nahi. Koi job offer to milna chahiye na ya fir 2023 tak khali baithna hoga ghar me?!
It’s kind of weird that people are getting jobs in their third year. I really doubt that that’s the case because most students have not had the time to build up an impressive cv in just three years or take many courses on commercial law. I think this might be your anxiety speaking. It’s perfectly normal to get hired in your 4th year. PPOs are not as common as day zero jobs anyway. And an even greater number of people only find a job in their fifth year or a few months after graduating. None of this means you are in a career crisis.
OP here. Your remarks might be well intended, no doubt, however, please understand that I am in final year. I am just a few months away from graduating but without job prospects in sight. Please do not dismiss my situation as mere anxiety stemming from watching juniors' careers take off in 3rd/4th year.
I have a genuine question with a genuine concern. A job is the only way out for me and my family from a vicious cycle of a difficult life. Any leads regarding job openings and opportunities will be appreciated. I am not asking for HR's email address. I am seeking suggestions on current hiring from 2022 batch.
All that 'everyone gets a job. Don't worry' is not reassuring. Its even more frustrating. I know everyone gets a job for minimal survival. But I am in desperate need of suggestions for job openings. Kindly don't trivialise my anxiety.
This might be the time to start searching for opportunities in lesser known Tier 2 & 3 firms, mate. Boutiques and places which don't necessarily pay well should probably be the focus right now to increase your chances. You could make the jump to better firms after getting 2-3PQE.
For now, my bet would Kocchar, K Law, Tuli, Naik etc. If nothing else, approach independent arbitrators/practitioners. All the best!