Read 1 comments as:
Filter By
I graduated with a mediocre 55% some years ago from an above average University (not an NLU). I have worked hard and have more than made up for this in my professional-career. So much so, that I have worked at only Tier 1 Law Offices, and on quality mandates as an independent counsel (all of which was secured without support from "contacts").

I have some time on my hands right now... wondering if our universities, in general, offer law graduates an opportunity to improve their scores/ rewrite papers in which they have underperformed as law students. I want to do this (rewrite some papers) for three reasons:

a. improve my odds for securing an admission into NYU/ Berkley/ anything better, for an LLM;
b. work with a good law firm in the US (at-least for the exposure); and, most importantly
c. sleep better at night!

I am sharing this thought out loud to soundboard anonymously.

Let's talk about why, doing this, in principle, is a good/ bad idea. Why shouldn't Universities/ Boards not offer such an opportunity to law graduates? Wouldn't this be a legitimate revenue stream for them? Wouldn't this not be good for the industry, in general? Wouldn't a recent score sheet be a more relevant marker of ones competence? Why must one live with a lousy score all his/ her life (whats the point of that)!