Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
Can someone living in Delhi/Gurugram help me tell the approximate cost of rent, transport, etc. Can I survive on 8 LPA salary?
Thats exactly what is possible, survival. Anything above will be pushing the envelope
Nah u need min 10 crore to survive and atleast 100 crore for a comfortable life in Delhi.
Boss... I stayed in 1 bhk on my own at ggn. My monthly expenses were around 26k
the aim should be to earn 2 laks at today's value in 5 years. do what that takes without selling your soul.
if you are feeling terrible: don't. follow your heart not excuses. most engineers start with less and many end up outearning lawyers.
as for a life you can always fake it on gurugram in instagram like all do. everyone projects more there so you also may as well.
Boss here's the scene: You stay in areas like Lajpat or Gautam Nagar, i.e., close to the Yellow Line metro if you wanna stay in Delhi. Share an apartment if you want, or get a barsati (I've done this and it's not too expensive either). Don't take too many Ubers or Olas, take autos or metros for the most part, and don't eat out a LOT. You'll manage just fine, you'll a fair amount of your salary as well.