Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
Hello, I'm writing in the hope that someone from JSA Gurugram would read this and assist me.

I have an internship arranged with JSA Gurugram in January/February. Here are some reservations:-

1) I got an internship offer and was asked to provide a passport-sized image, a cancelled check, and other documents, which I did, but I amΒ yet to get confirmation from them after that email. Is this normal? My internship is confirmed now that I've received an offer, right? Kindly confirm that this is true, since I may have to forego my zero-day placements just to intern at JSA.

2) I amΒ yet to be assigned to a team. How can I find out which team I'll be interning for? If I provided a preference in my email, will it be taken into account or will I be assigned to any random team?

3) I am aware that they do not provide direct PPOs and that I will need to get a call back first, but how do I obtain a call back? My internship will be conducted entirely online. That is, what is the JSA culture? Is there a feedback mechanism in place, or will I be assigned a mentor who will suggest me for a call back? How do I prepare for this internship and make sure I impress everyone, I am ready to not sleep entirely for a month but I am pretty sure it doesn't work that way.

This will be my first and most likely last opportunity to work for a corporate legal practise, and I am desperate for a job. Any and all advise would be a huge favour on me. I wish you a wonderful weekend.
Hey,

You don't get teams assigned at JSA, you can reach out to any team you want once you start interning. If some associate needs help, they will also reach out to you.

After your internship is done, send an email to HR requesting for another internship. A feedback form will go to the two associates you worked with the most. If they recommend you, you will get another internship.
Hey thank you, this was extremely helpful. In case you come back to this conversation, I had some follow up questions:-

1) This one is very dumb but I wanted to know how are we supposed to approach the teams? Do we mail them or are we provided with their whatsapp numbers? How often can I approach them for work without irritating them?

2) Also since we have the autonomy to approach teams, would it be feesible to approach the team of a practice area that I am not really interested in? I ask this because I saw that JSA recently floated a vacancy for an associate in energy and infrastructure team and while I am not really interested in the subject matter, I have 3 months to read up on it and I was wondering if I'd be looked upon favourably by HR and associates since they have a vacancy.

Thank you again, that was really helpful.
1. Cold-email associates / SAs. If you're interning in-person (highly recommend) you can simply walk up to associates, introduce yourself and ask for work.

2. They'll have filled in that vacancy long before you even enter JSA, but it doesn't hurt to ask around for opportunities. Just don't be too coy about it.
dayz happen in April. i dont understand as to how you will have to miss out on your dayz in lieu of interning at jsa?
I mean in my university RCC has said that Day zero and one will start from feb end till march first week
AFAIK, this is after a lot of time that we are have Day 0 on β€œnormal” times. Due to covid, the past few dayz were being held late. The fact that they were online also had to contribute to it. But before COVID, day zero were always held in late feb/early march. This time since firms have expressed intent to come over physically, I think they are conducting it on normal dates.
bhai stipend milta hai non nlu walo ko jsa pe online mein? batado help hojaegi thodi
I wouldn't recommend missing Day Z for JSA though, especially since getting a JSA PPO through the intern system is extremely rare
They don't, they have hired a lot of people through internships also over the years
I got an offer from JSA after a virtual assessment. I had interned with them pre-COVID.

1. Getting into JSA or any other Tier 1 for that matter is difficult, generally. It is not impossible.
2. You should try to write to senior associates in the practice of your choice and not the associates. They pull put in a word if you are worth calling back.
3. Have at least 2 teams you work with. Do not put all your eggs in one basket.
4. I would not forgo Day Zero for the online internship. Take that one day off.
5. You will need to get in on the strength of your CV and cover letter. Do not assume its going to happen just based on internship.

Good luck.
Can you elaborate on point 5 means? Do you mean to say CV and Cover letter matter more than the performance during the internship?