Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
Serious work is subjective. But when do A0s in tier 1 firms start drafting board resolutions, SPAs etc? And when are they asked to review DD docs for red flags as opposed to simply summarising them mindlessly? When do they actually start drafting DD reports? Could the average daily work of a general corp A0 please be provided?

Or when do lawyers (at any stage) start doing the above?
> And when are they asked to review DD docs for red flags as opposed to simply summarising them mindlessly? When do they actually start drafting DD reports?

A0 here. I do these already. I'm not sure if it's different elsewhere but in my team each Associate typically prepares a whole section of the DDR (labour, environment, real estate, whatever). Section is reviewed by SA/PA and eventually Partner sits with the compiled DDR.

Maybe this is possible because the transaction complexity was small? One's I've worked on were all under USD 50 million.
Okay, so you normally prepare only one section? Is it generally the same section? Or do you also end up doing all sections every now and then?
And also do you only prepare sections for DD reports? Or do you also prepare board resolutions and draft agreements?
dude, Iā€™m an A0 and I have been doing all of the above mentioned quite regularly.
Bhai chill kar le, zindagi bhar tumhe yahi bakchodi karni hai. I don't understand this enthusiasm for work. Ek din tsunami jaise aa ke laga dega tumhari.

Btw I've drafted almost the entire DD report and your dear board resolutions, and an SPA. Now while all these were reviewed and changed quite a bit, I still did it šŸ˜›
if an a0 is doing mindless dd alone chances are he or she will be doing that till a3
so get out of that team or firm
When they start considering trivial works such as summaries as serious work and become good at it.

I had an A0 who thought making bastas before the hearing was way below his stature. The team gradually lost all faith in him.