Read 16 comments as:
Filter By
The only tier 1 party in India atm is lotus. Tier 1 NLI folks will join all places but Tier 1 party in that case (Unread GNLU)
OP dint say national politics. On state level there are multiple Tier 1 politcal parties. TMC in Bengal, Sena in MH, AAP in Delhi, Congress in Rajasthan, Punjab etc.
brrr brrrrr .....wrong answer! I have graduated from "T1 NLU" and if there is an opportunity, I would be more than happy to grab that and in this case join LOTUS.
For context: I have been litigating for about 7 years and have a stable income and family, so I can’t really stop that to go completely into it.
I also have no family in politics.
There are 2 ways:
1. Delhi
2. State

1. Now when I say Delhi I don’t mean mla/MP elections but organisational roles in parties.
You can join as a spokesperson ( since you have no family in politics this will very tough),
Legal cells of parties, youth wings etc.
2. This would be very difficult if your caste is not prominent/ you’re not originally from the state where you are practising. You will have to go to a state and work in the party as a worker. Work with an mla/mp. This will require much more time, so I assume option 1 would be better for you.
City (current)
City (hometown)
Political affiliation

First answer these
I suspect the easiest party to join would be AAP. Just get in, get noticed, and whenever the time comes, switch to Congress, while screwing over a guy who's worked from the very beginning.

Because if there is one thankless party, it's Congress, eg kapil sibal, Capt. Amrinder Singh etc.

They just want the latest, without any idea of what to do with them.
If you are a good speaker then try becoming a spokesperson. Once you climb the ladder and come on national news channels then you will see a meteoric rise in your political career. Definitely a short cut.
How do you even become one? Do I mail their communications department?
No you have to first successfully assist in transporting cash from one destination to another. Followed by hoarding few bombs, guns, glass shards, acid, etc. in your house (if you're looking to join AAP, ML, AMIM), few cases of sexual assault to your name. Should have the ability to shout constantly for 2-3 hours on live television. This will probably give you a chance of getting a party ticket to their women's kitty party wing.