Read 32 comments as:
Filter By
How are people coping up with the anxiety before physical offices start? Are there people who are planning to quit as soon as WFO starts? What are the various plans? Sharing of experiences will be very helpful.
No. What would I do if I quit? Its not like other firms are providing permanent wfh option.
Work in a boutique firm. Planning on telling the partner that I want permanent WFH or a 30k raise minimum. It simply doesn't make economic sense to move to Bombay and spend 4 hours commuting for current retainer.
And if your partner isn’t open to these? Do uou think law firms here are going to offer WFH forever?
Well because it's a boutique I finish work in 4-8 hours everyday day and chill. I like having the significant time to myself for things apart from job.

If I've to sit in office for 10 hours + 4 hours commute (could afford Virar or something only, or live with 5 other people in a 2bhk near work), might as well switch to higher paying job no? There remains no upside to the boutique firm job.
With the current peanut pay, they're delusional if they expect such subservience.
Sense of entitlement toh dekho. Just leave your job. There are many others who would work happily at the same pay.
Nobody gets ahead in life by being a pushover. Demanding what you deserve is not entitlement.
Demanding what you deserve is entitlement. But being entitled is demonized by toxic employers for obvious reasons. Workers need to own their entitlement: I'm entitled and you better treat me fairly.
This is the reason more firms are inclined towards recruiting freshers residing in Mumbai. I think firms should focus on locals considering such mentality of outsiders. Also such mentality spoils Mumbai culture
Yes. Every branch apna apna state ka domicile reservation lagwado. Badiya
Let me rephrase that for you:

The reason more firms are inclined towards recruiting freshers residing in Mumbai is that they can get away with paying salaries that wouldn't be considered a livable wage if it accounted for Mumbai rents.
Thinking of doing some online courses, travel when things open up and then maybe go in house after 6 months- but certain to not doing a RTO.
Do you have that anxiety when you go out partying? Enough with the fucking excuses. Get your ass back to the office otherwise you will find yourself fired!! WFH was never a permanent option. Office means work from office.
I get the point. But neither am I making an excuse, nor can I afford to. As I mentioned in the original post, experiences of people having such feelings would be helpful. It was a way for me to try and know if I am the only one. You are the kind who does not have any sympathy or kindness for the human condition. But it could just as well be that you are the kind who gets off from work to read something about the part of your life that you are most invested in and then gets treated to 10 different post about people not wanting to not go back to office, to vent at the little boy in the corner. Either way, peace.
Mere ko office nahi jaana! Agar naukri chali bhi gayi, mumma-papa hai na. WFH is so cool ya. Like why can't the firm do this permanently ya. Like I don't want to feel so much anxiety when I see people in office ya. Otherwise you know me, I never step out unless Ravi Kaka is picking me up from bars/theatres/parties.
It's Ramu Kaka*
Who hurt you btw? Did you date someone who was like this? 🀣
Clearly Ravi kaka neglected to deliver a few well placed tamachas in time insofar as you are concerned.
Clearly, your ex wrecked you before leaving. Looks like you're into some mild BDSM too coupled with some daddy/mommy/Ravi kaka? issues.
If that's what you call an achievement you can brag about anonymously I'm truly sorry. For your ex. But I'm glad for them that it's over.
Commented this on some other thread but WFH and therefore the possibility of being able to eke out some sort of personal life with the travel time removed and some extra flexibility would be such a set off to the awfulness of the profession in terms of work life balance. If I have to work insane hours either way, it would be so nice ig firms could atleast offer WFH- and increase the real value of the money they're paying in terms of savings. Would so appreciate it, literally don't see the downside for them atleast partially implementing this. I don't know what perverse pleasure the wHy woUld theY let you save RenT mOneY people derive from being so crabby or who hurt them but I'd love to hear legit arguments against atleast partial or phased implementation of WFH? Or is it just firms saying nah, we only believe you're working when we can see you there?
A 37-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.