Read 40 comments as:
Filter By
If you are 25 years and older, and are a man, and an Indian man, especially if you're the "majority" religious community. Please tell me why are you a fan of Jordan Peterson? I can't wrap my head around the fact... my male colleagues are just obsessed with him. Bhai Pluralism ke bare me suna hain?

I mean he is condescending to your culture, your morality, your condition of life. Not to mention he is lord of incels...

And to add, he mostly gives non answers and speaks gibberish. Just look up this viral short video of his where is simping on Musk Melon..

Also here is this

https://youtu.be/SEMB1Ky2n1E
Quote:
Please tell me why are you a fan of Jordan Peterson?
Because he is highly educated, speaks well and counters woke rubbish.
Please elaborate what is "Woke rubbish" and how it affects you here in your daily life? If it doesn't affect you, still tell what it is.
Man, then you're better of following that BeerBiceps fellow. More coherent.
Clean your Room!
Ohh God desi obsession with "Lobsterism". People fall for any shit that comes from a gora masquerading as an intellectual backed by their tsunami of morality. This morality anyway is doomed. He literally is the purest form of an Anti-Semite.
Wokes are the ones who ride any wave and believe any shit that the Democrats in the US come up with. So please shut up, you don't need to tell conservatives out of everyone, to be desi.
Discredits a person's credentials because he's a 'gora' and goes on to comment on anti-semitism. Looks like a curious case of the pot calling the kettle black.
I used to watch his videos. Speaking very honestly, I don't agree with half the things he says. He's a borderline white supremacist and looks down on everything that's eastern or arab in origin. Especially spiritual thought. It pisses me off. I'm not even a conservative in the American Republican sense but I subscribe to him because he's the only one who calls out the BS and hypocrisy associated with the woke movement. Tbh at this point it's only him, Ben Shapiro and a few others who aren't afraid of wokes. Lol I'm just tagged as a conservative for watching his videos but at any given point of time my views are anywhere lot more progressive and open minded than the crap they propagate. At a point where I can't identify completely with either such conservatives nor extreme wokes. Funny times. My take on this thread. Kindly don't attack or cancel.
JP never said so. In fact, he said the opposite.

JP said that looking at yourself as the victim will never make you happy because that escape is the thing to fear the most. He warns that it is very easy to claim victimhood from hardshipsβ€”real or unrealβ€”but that this is quite dangerous.

This is one of the many reasons why the liberals hate him. Feminism, political correctness etc., are based on concept/ culture of victimhood. 'Victim of fat shaming' is another example.

I am not taking sides here. But, the above comment from Guest and the upvotes are generally reflective of quality of the discussions here.
Hear hear! This is exactly what happens when people make assumptions without watching things fully. We are so biased these days that we judge a person based on what people perceive of him and not as a result of our interaction with the material. One may disagree with his socio-political comments but his perspective to life is brilliant!
Why is OP not marked as trollish? If I wrote a post calling out lies and fakery by Audrey Truschke and Rana Ayyub I would immediately be marked as such.
I was once obsessed with JP. Realized that he just says things which please men like me i.e shy introverted guys with little experience with women.
kaun hai bhai yeh? I am only obsessed about money, hence I work at a law firm
Likewise. But, it's worth exploring. I find it fascinating how this guy passes off as a scholar. Even if he is, I am not able to fathom what is so groundbreaking about his thought.
He's not a scholar in the social sciences world. His expertise is in psychology. You needn't discredit his scholarly merit just because you don't agree with his world views.
Several well known psychologists have debunked his opinions, saying that those lack any credible research support.
Does critically analysing and disapproving of theories suggested by one scholar by another scholar reduce the scholarly entitlement of the former? Unfortunately research is not a zero sum game and that's not how it works.
sure, you're such a big scholar that you have the gall to comment on another person's scholarship
Isn't he a hypocritical drug addict?

If he was in India he would be held by NCB without bail.
Using "Incel" is an accepted term but one gets cancelled if they use "Karen". Oh wait that's why people are obsessed with Jordan Peterson!
Never heard of anyone being "cancelled" for using the word Karen...

Also, isn't incel a self identified term...?
So have you just referred to it in passing or used it as a derogatory term? It clearly seems like the latter. I thought self determination wrt sexual choices was a liberal and open minded concept.
Homosexual slurs were used as a cuss word before it became accepted before. Incel as a terminology is similar. But I believe the hatred and passive aggression towards it is because it's related to a 'choice' made by cis-het males? No solidarity here?
You slander Peterson by labelling him as "lord of incels", thats an ad-hominem if ever there was one because those who actually listen to him in interviews and his lectures will find that he shares no brief with the incel or Mgtow movements - most of which are reactionary movements to the absurdist liberalism and militant wokeism.
Given how many posts a week are made with respect to American and western politics which do not affect us at all. I agree, there will be fans of Alex Jones, and the Breitbart guy, and other "based" White people.
I really like JP’ old college lectures. That’s about as far as I go. They are so informative and you learn so much about his brand of existential psychology from them. He’s also a very powerful speaker but there are a lot of problematic things about him so I would not accept his philosophy en masse.
A 33-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
All the Hindu boys who consider him God.

Why not try his diet.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2018/08/the-peterson-family-meat-cleanse/567613/

Try it.

If Jordan Peterson was a Muslim dude in UP, you guys would have burned him inside his house.

Because he is some gora who validates your feelings, you turn him into a God.

What a delicious hypocrisy.

Go eat crow.
Ahh! Abgail. Philosophy Tube literally turned the way I used to think
Michael Jordan suna tha aur Kevin Pietersen suna hai. Jordan Pietersen baseball wala hai kya? Jordan jaise jump karke ball pakdega aur Pietersen jaise home run marega?
I started reading books just because of him

and it changed me alot....I'm his fan that doesn't mean ki..I agree with him completely
Winston Churchill massacred 4 million+ Indians, he still managed to stop Hitler and indirectly save India(the Nazis hated us too, yet Bose went to them, but we still love Bose). Charles Dickens hated Indians to the core, Indians still read his books. If you miss out on stuff you could learn from other people just because they are "condescending" to your race/kind it's your loss.

I don't really find any proof that he's condescending to us. He is misinformed, like literally every westerner on the planet about our culture, but we could make the argument that most Indians are misinformed about each other.

Your arguments hold no weight.
Churchill stopped Hitler from coming to India? He stopped Hitler from coming to his house, which was india.