Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
I am planning on moving to a Tier-1 law firm after a decent stint as an in-house. Will the law firms open their glorified doors and if they do, am I in for manslaughter?
It is going to be tough, very tough. Watch Squid Games for starters and then switch to 19 years a slave.

Sorry, you are going to badly need it, so all the very best.
Sorry to say this, but you are definitely in for manslaughter. Even the best teams won't be able to cushion you against the change.
Yes but you already knew that answer. Youโ€™re going to do it anyway to see for yourself if what people say is actually true or if itโ€™s exaggerated. Never know, thereโ€™s a rare breed who donโ€™t despise it. Maybe youโ€™ll be one of them but you wonโ€™t know till youโ€™ve experienced in yourself. So, good luck. I quit in a year btw.
It is not uncommon for in-house lawyers to move back to law firms. I started my career with Tier 1, moved in-house and then again came back to Tier 1. Since I had already experienced law firms, I knew what I had signed up for, so I am living with it. So as long as you know what you are entering into it is a fine decision. Law firms are never a bed of roses, but I am okay to live with this as long as I am getting my fair share of money.