Read 90 comments as:
Filter By
That is, speaks like Shashi Tharoor or Swapan Dasgupta, wears the finest suits, drinks the finest wine, goes to the opera in London, speaks French fluently and doesn't behave like a stingy bania in money matters?

Law firm people and advocates both eligible.
Cyril? for all his firm's retainers trying to flatter their big boss by calling him the classiest lawyers, I have seen much lawyering or class lawyering from CSS.I have never ever found any of his TV interviews or speaking events to be anything above average.In terms of competence or analysis I have found his analysis or arguments to be just about average.
Yeh sala jab tak netflix pe suits hai rab tak lawyers chutiye bante rehenge
Swapan Dasgupta is supposed to be a good speaker? Please raise your standards. A good speaker must also make sense, at least occasionally.
Bhai most successful lawyers in India look like Jethalal wearing a suit and not like Harvey Specter.
u mean who is the best at pretending to be white? probably those in london who are forced to be else they will be mis-treated even more.
Definitely, saw him argue in court and he summarizes even complex issues in a crystal clear manner but unfortunately his patience runs thin with his briefing lawyers 😂
Leaving all the firm related issues aside- Rajiv Luthra. Epitome of the affable, classy, amiable, gracious, hospitable punjabi.
Hands down. He is the best amongst a very few set. Charmer. Others can't come close.
Conservative to the core. Half of the time he's lecturing on political moves in UK and USA. Good lawyer though.
Are you crazy? Have you seen his lifestyle? His good manners and his benovelence? Do you know how many dogs he has rescued? How many underprivileged kids he has sponsored? How wonderful a host he is? Being conservative is a good thing. At least he doesn't strut around like a woked doodlebag! And a good lawyer at that.
What exactly did I say that you refuted exactly? You are the only one who comes off as crazy here.
Iqbal Chagla, Janak Dwarkadas and others from that Chamber (the Kharshedji Bhabha Chamber I believe its called). That said most Bombay lawyers tend to be frugal in matters of dress and food even if they are well spoken and have good taste in the arts/music.
Haigreve Khaitan- none of those that is mentioned by OP but just for being the most humble person I have known.
Has to be Mr Pinto Khaitan.
Those who have interacted with him can wholeheartedly vouch for that.
LI should do an article on him or an interview with him. Such a legend.
Shout out to Sajan Poovayya.
Amongst the best dressed at the KarHC and the SC, gotta doff my hat to one of the few lawyers still wearing suspenders.
my intern is. he wears torn jeans and rides a small scooter and does good work and talks
politely and writes well. he is woke and cool and has lots of apps on his 📱. i envy him.
Jayant Bhatt is almost exclusively known for childish LinkedIn posts which reek of an obsessive desire to appear relevant - on credentials, he has achieved not even a fraction of the other names presented in this thread. The man is yet to be involved in - forget winning - a single landmark case. This is not to say that he'll never achieve anything, but simply that it's ridiculous to posit his name in this list. Even from a lifestyle perspective, his chamber has done no remotely big deals which would bag him sizable revenues.

Similar things could be said about these other LinkedIn pseudo-celebrities, too - they are yet to earn both money and respect in the bar.
Find an English teacher for yourself in London. He can tick all the boxes !
Sr. Adv Jayant Mehta? The man's presence has had a visibly effective aura of class and excellence in all the arbitral proceedings I've seen him in.