Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
In an "article" shared on a Tier 1 law firm's LinkedIn page, which is "co-written" by an Associate and a partner, who does the actual writing, and what percentage of effort is put in by the partner?
Are you doing a quant study? Just read the article and learn from it or don't.
Curious to see how things work in other firms. In my sad experience, articles written entirely by A1s were published in the name of the partner. Doubt the partner even read the article properly forget actually writing anything. It's happened so many times that anytime I see a co-written article or an article in the sole name of the partner, I assume it's been written entirely by the Associate or someone not credited at all. Although in some cases I've seen the partner's limited input of discussing the issue before the Associate writes.
NLU grads don't work as A0 or A1 anyway.

They're straight hired as associate partners,and promoted to the partner role in a couple of years.
Nah, they have to wait a little till the BCI recognises their brilliance via the AIBE.
NLU grads directly get absorbed into Illuminati. In fact, they are interning for Illuminati while attending 5 years of law school, their "internships" are to observe the society in through all walks of life, before, they are sent to Syria, Iran, Afghanistan and other radical I$lamic countries. They will eventually take-over the planet, Nostradamus had predicted this 6969 years ago.
no associate can write so correctly and knowledgeably that a partner will tag his name along
i would say the partner has atleast some role in the points and setting
Plenty of associates write far better and have got way more credible publications than partners.
Usually: Partner suggests that associate write something. Associate comes up with the 1st draft. Partner gives inputs. Associate revises. Partner sends it to places for publication.

This is fine IMO because Associate gets access to publisher she otherwise didn't have. Partner gets to stay relevant with thoughts on recent developments.

It's a very problematic/toxic practice if Associate isn't credited as co-author.
I did an article. My partner got it published in ET, with him as the sole author. He told me, we will change the wordings and get it published at couple of other places too, with my name as 'co-author' :( BKL
A research paper co-authored by Cyril Shroff's son is published almost every third day by CAM. I'm sure he's really writing all of those.