Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
God, the IT Cell trolls are at this again. What does this have to do with the farmers exactly? An extreme religious faction has already claimed responsibility for the deaths. BJP rule has brought achhe din to all such oafs anyway, who have got blanket permission to kill anyone in the name of religion now. If you have that much problem with the farmers, please stop eating. We will be much better off without your hallowed presence amidst us, I assure you.
Do the farm laws only affect Punjab farmers?

I live in Mumbai and being a Maharashtrian from Latur district, I have not seen a single farmer criticize it.

I too am an agriculturalist.
Those who feel that the laws will affect them are protesting. Those who feel that it won't, don't have to. That's how logic works. Because you don't feel that your interests are affected, you don't have the right to insinuate that others do not have the right to voice their dissent. The protesting farmers aren't keyboard warriors like you, they are going through actual hardship for this. Agriculturalist spreading propaganda on LI, lol! Even Amitabh Bachchan claims to be an agriculturalist.
If you are an agriculturalist, then you should know better to discuss the validity of farmers' protests in a thread that has got nothing to do with the protests, but is a completely trumped up baseless accusation for an unrelated incident.
Ah, so now you can understand that the needs and demands of people across this diverse country can be completely different, regardless of whatever tyranny the central government wishes to impose in the name of uniformity. Welcome to the real world.
Agree. I am from Bengal. Not a single farmer protesting here too. This is a protest by rich Punjabi middlemen, not farmers.
Why don't you actually go down to the place where these people are protesting and see how many rich middlemen you can find, and how many real farmers? That will require you to actually venture out of your bubble of course.
Yes, all that the farmers are getting is for free. Yet it is you who still engage in ostentatious display of wealth.
Makes sense. Celebrating republic day is certainly more important than listening to the grievances of the people who are actually feeding the republic. RWs have got such a nice sense of priority!
If they have it so easy, have you considered venturing into the unknown?
We can go on about the rule of law and due process but situation on the ground is precarious. Just like those people lynching over beef or Muslims rioting, once the mob is driven into a frenzy, reason escapes all men. As someone who comes from rural India, people from metros and big cities have a hard time understanding how societal structure works elsewhere. I don't justify what happened, it's wrong (because the law says so lol). Try and understand how honour societies work.
Farm laws are good for farmers, even for punjab farmers, they need to move away from rice and wheat crops, stop chasing MSP for only these two crops, watwr level has gone so deep at my village in Punjab, the water at a majority of Punjab is not drinkable due to MSF chasing crops like rice and wheat where farmers are using so much pesticides. All experts have recommended through several studies that punjab is already at the brink of agri collapse due to water crisis. Only competition and new crops can save them. Farm laws are need of the hour and not even one experts has denied that, bus sab politics hai so a massive much awaited reforms is taken hostage by middlemen who will loose their commission of farmers are allowed outside of their mandees, village, state.