Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
Everybody knows of the rampant amount of nepotism and corruption that plagues the litigation industry. But is there any chance that a 1st gen litigator make the cut in today's time? Honest and informative answers would be appreciated.
Yes. Senior Advocate - Not impossible.

But it will hard. And more than that, there are advocates who make more than SA in High Courts, so it doesn't really mean much except more respect from the bench.
A lot of first gen became Senior Advocate. Difficult but not impossible.
My brother in law became one. Completely on his own that too in Delhi without being from Delhi. He only worked with his seniors for 2 years and he still became one. He did start a little late and I think that experience with age and a sense of urgency with kids on the way helped him work harder than most.
All lottery entries are at the same pedestal. Not every lawyer has the same will to succeed to calibre to work hard.

Out of the ones that genuinely strive for the top, the odds are very generous, belive me.
It is very much possible, but its going to take a very long time. Only few - one in thousands, the lucky ones, have made it early.